|20|

"Hey!" 

Example number three of cosmic punishment: It has been exactly two minutes and three seconds since I've laid down to take a quick nap and Mando is already screaming about something. 

"Alright, so fuck a nap apparently," I mutter to myself as I sit up properly, scooting myself to the edge of the bed. I plant my feet on the floor, quickly sliding my boots on and lacing them up. I slowly stand to my feet and step out of my room. "What's wrong?" I ask, letting a sigh mix in with my words. I look around some more, but when I hear some more shouting coming from outside, I race out the bay doors in fear of Mando starting a shit storm. 

"Where is he?" Mando shouts at one of the small droids. All of the droids run around, trying to get away from Mando before folding into themselves to hide away from the tall, angered Mandalorian. 

"What's going on? What's wrong?" I ask, trying to figure out what the hell he was freaking out about. 

"Quiet down!" Peli snaps from her office. She immediately lowers her voice to a hushed whisper, looking down at a small bundle of robes and blankets that she was carefully cradling in her arms. "Shh, it's okay," she coos, gently rocking her arms back and forth. My eyes widen and my breath hitches as I spot the little green child that was crying in her arms. "You woke it up! Do you have any idea how long it took me to get it to sleep?"

"Give him to me," Mando demands, holding his hand out to the older woman. She narrows her eyes at him as I take another step towards the pair. 

"Not so fast! You can't just leave a child all alone like that," she snaps at the tall Mandalorian. I smirk and look up at him, slowly crossing my arms over my chest. Well, this definitely sounded awfully familiar. "You know, you've got an awful lot to learn about raising a young one."

I hold in a small laugh, walking around towards the back of the ship while they talked. I just wanted to see if she had started to fix anything. And it looks like she did! She had already fixed up the fuel leak, which is definitely a good start.

"It took me a lot longer than expected, but I figured you were good for the money since you have an extra mouth to feed," Peli says, looking down at the little green child in her arms. 

"Thank you," Mando mutters, walking towards the exit while grabbing onto my arm. I smile at Peli as he pulls me along, sending her a quick wink and a two-finger salute to show my gratitude. 

"You two got a job, didn't you? You know, it's costing me a lot of money to keep these droids even powered up," she says, following us out of the hangar. 

"I'm sure our payment can help with that," I say, looking back at her with a small smile. She waves her hand at us, telling us to just get out. Once we walk out the doors, I spot two speeders and Toro Calican leaning against one of them, a smug smirk on his face.

"Hey Mando, Mae. What do you think? Not too shabby, huh?" he asks, his smug smirk turning into a cocky grin. Mando looks both of the bikes over while I kept my brown eyes glued to Toro. Part of me doesn't necessarily trust him, but then another part of me is just thinking that it's because he's new and doesn't know a damn thing about what it is he's doing.

"Alright, so who am I riding with?" I ask, my eyes flicking between the two men and the two speeders. 

"You can most definitely ride with me," Toro flirts, but Mando gently grabs my arm again, tugging me a little closer to his side. 

"She's gonna ride with me," Mando says in a stern tone. 

Toro quietly groans and straddles his bike, pouting as he starts it up. I smirk and hop on after Mando straddles the low-set speeder. I snake my arms around his torso, squeezing gently. Both of the men rev their speeders before taking off and racing over the large sandy terrain. I rest my head against my partner's back, closing my eyes to keep the sand out.