✘1.10

"What should I call you little one?" Jisoo cooed over the small grey kitten who she went to see by the lake again, thinking the owner would show up

She frowned, sitting down in the grass as the sun beamed down on them- looking up at blue sky to the perfect atmosphere around her.

This place was beautiful, it contrasted the dull bleak area and she wondered what was behind the trees yet had no courage to check.

"Here you are."

Jisoo lifted her head from the purring kitten, glancing to the side to see the familiar powerful right hand Angel standing there next to the bench with his large intricate white beautiful wings stretched out behind him.

He had sympathetic soft eyes staring at her and he let out a short sigh upon seeing her pained eyes once she recognised him.

"Mark." She breathed out, unable to look at him for much longer as she blinked away the pricking tears and turned her head so her back was facing him.

Her hurt tone made the Angel bite at his bottom lip.
"Your family wanted to send you some things."

At the sound of her family she perked up, snapping her head up to Mark as he held the box full of things.

"My family, how are they? Did anything happen to them? Are they mad at me?" Jisoo bombarded him with questions as she hurried towards him.

Mark watched the girl, the flashbacks of their long lived friendship flashing before his eyes.

"I'm Jisoo!" The seven year old girl with long brown hair and a sparkling pink headband greeted the boy who sat alone.

The shy Eight year old boy only gave her a small smile and her own lips gleamed- sun kissed skin glowing as she sat down besides him.

"Would you like a flower crown?" She asked, holding out one she had made.
The sight of the beautiful flowers made Mark smile.

"Flower crown, for me?" He asked softly, quiet toned.

Jisoo nodded.
"Just for you and I have this rock for you, what's your name?"

"Mark."
"Wow! That's a nice name, I'm Jisoo it means kind hearted, wise, intelligent, positivity, happiness and selfless- but I don't know what some of them mean."

The young girl rambled her heart out, purity surrounding her and innocent to the bone. She began to write both their names into the stone as the starting of their friendship.

Over the coming years Jisoo and Mark became extremely close, close until they were practically best friends.

"I knew you had a crush on Lilia!" Jisoo exclaimed to the fourteen year old boy who sported braces and his voice began breaking- cracking when he spoke yet Jisoo was extremely understanding.

She had never judged him, never once in their friendship. She always made him feel cared for and safe.

"What happened Ji?" Mark whispered out to the twenty year old girl who's tears wouldn't stop cascading down her cheeks as she painfully cried.

"Help me, please Mark." She begged the highest Angel who was also her best friend- her small fist encased over the material of his t-shirt.

"P-please, I don't want to go!" She exclaimed, her heart wrenching cries heightened.

"Park Jisoo, make your way to the castle."

Mark's eyes flickered to the girl in shock, frozen in place.
"The castle... Jisoo- what's happening?"

"There she is, the traitor!"
"I heard she was in love with a Demon."
"She probably was taking advantage of being an Angel this whole time."
"Plotting against us."

"Please Mark, I cant- i didn't know and-" she broke out into a sob- crouching down on the ground as she heard the thundering of footsteps.

Mark closed the door to his house- panicked as he kneeled down on the ground.
"D-demon? Jisoo what happened?"

"I'm sorry." She whispered out, guilt ridden and gut wrenching as there were loud knocks on the wooden door.

"They're okay." Mark spoke, eyes raking over the girl who no longer had the beautiful white wings she once had.

Her eyes no longer swirled with gold and instead were the natural brown- she was Human.

He could see by the way her eyes sheened over with tears that she was having a hard time yet he couldn't bring himself to comfort her.

It was a hard pill to swallow but he couldn't go against everything he knew.

"Here." He said, holding the box over to her. "It was nice seeing you again Ji." He whispered out, tearing his eyes away from the girl and turning to walk away..

Jisoo felt her world crashing down on her, heart clenching painfully as her shoulders slumped.

"Are you leaving me too?" Her vulnerable shaky voice carried through the air and Mark stopped- back turned still as he closed his eyes.

It was tearing him up inside but he knew he couldn't side with her.

"Are you disappointed in me, do you h-hate me?" She couldn't stop the tear from breaking past her blurry sight and trailing down her cheek.

"I could never hate you." .

"But you're leaving me anyway." She whispered out. "Everyone left me." She broke out into sniffles as her tears soaked her smooth skin.

Mark's own eyes glistened with tears, clenching his fists as he was torn between two.

"I wish I could stay but I can't."
"I know, that's what hurts more."

Jisoo was unable to take the sheer hurt infiltrating through her as she held the box in her hands- walking over to the river to sit down at the edge of the ground- far from the boy she grew up with.

Mark turned around, eyes settling on the heart broken lonely and scared girl as she cried with her knees drawn up to her chest.

"I'm sorry Ji." He whispered, clutching the stone in his hand- glancing down at it and biting at his bottom lip.

Mark shook his head, placing it back into his pocket.
It was the only thing he had of her, his best friend that he was torn away from.

Damn bro

Angel Mark is a concept tho