I Swear if I Hear That One More Time

"What?"

He crossed his arms, "What did you hear?"

"I didn't hear anything?"

Sarah peeked out of her door, "What is taking you so...Liam, quit pestering my guest."

Sarah walked down the hall, pushed Liam aside and grabbed my wrist, leading me down the hall to her room.

Closing the door, "What was that about?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, I had literally just opened the bathroom door and he was standing there."

"I don't like whatever this is. I have told you from day one.."

"I know, Sarah. I am back with Jack, I swear I don't like him."

It seemed as though she was satisfied with my answer, and returned to her spot on her bed.

My phone started ringing, it was Jackson.

"Hello?"

"Hey, babe. Do you and Sarah want to go to the movies with us?"

I look at the clock, "Now?"

"Yeah," he laughed, "We can catch the Midnight premier at the drive in."

Sarah motioned for me to put the phone on speaker, but I ignored her, "That's like an hour out of town, Jack."

Sarah became intrigued and sat up straight trying to listen in.

"We will pick y'all up, be ready in like twenty minutes."

"Jackson, we can't just-" He hung up.

"We can't what?" Sarah looked like a kid in a candy store.

"Get dressed, we are going out with Justin and Jackson."

"OMG!" She jumped off the bed and immediately started digging through her clothes.

"Isn't your mom going to kill us?"

She laughed, "Houses have windows for a reason."

I looked out of her window, "Sarah, you have to be kidding me. You are on the second story, and there isn't even a place to slide down?"

She grinned, "But Liams window connects to the balcony, which connects to the patio roof, which has a garden ladder. This isn't my first time sneaking out."

My stomach churned at the thought of having to go in Liams room again, "Won't he tell on you?"

"I have enough dirt on him to get him sent to Military School," she held up a cute top and looked in the mirror, "Trust me, he won't rat."

Sarah and I walked into Liams room and headed straight for the window.

"What the hell are y'all doing?"

"Going out." Sarah opened the window and sat on the window seal ready to step through.

"No you aren't." Liam jumped up to pull Sarah back inside.

Sarah pushes his arms away, "Yes we are, and you better cover for us, or I will tell Dad what you did at Basketball camp."

Liam's face grew cold, "Fine, then I am going with you. I will tell Mom that I am taking y'all to Emilies house."

Sarah looked at me and shrugged, then returned her stare to her brother, "No deal. We are going, you are staying."

He grabbed the window and held it half way closed, "Then tell me where you are going."

Sarah pushed the window, with her foot, out of his grip, "We are going on a double date."

He looks at me, "Double Date?"

I nod slowly.

He grabs his jacket, "Yeah, I'm coming."

He waits for Sarah to go on through the window, "And what about Mom and Dad?"

He locked the bedroom door, "I will take care of it. Let's go."

"Sarah-"

She held her hand up at me, "This is the only way. Come on."

We all three stepped out of the window and made our way down to the garden ladder, and then around the trees lining the edge of the driveway. Sarah led the way, with Liam closing the rear. Justins car was waiting at the end of the road.

We all three slid into the backseat.

"What the hell is he doing here?" Justin altered his rear view mirror to land on Liams face.

"We had to invite him. Get over it." Sarah put her hand around Justin's chest.

Jackson leaned around his seat and winked at me.
I could hear Liam sigh. My mind began to wonder if any punches would be thrown tonight.

The car ride to the drive in was full of tension and silence. The radio had been turned up to deafening levels.

"Well we are here," Justin pointed at Jack, "Swap seats with Sarah. And you," he turned to face Liam, "You will have to figure something else out."

"I think I'm fine right here." He crossed his arms.

Jackson opened Sarah's door to let her out, then took her place next to me.

"Hey, babe." He put his arm around me and rubbed my shoulder with his thumb.

I simply smiled, avoiding causing more tension as I sat between him and Liam.

The movie came on shortly after we arrived but it was hard to see past Sarah and Justin's make our session.

"Can we take a walk?" I whispered to Jackson.

He instantly grabbed my hand and opened the door.

"Where are y'all going?" Liam leaned across the seat before Jackson shut the car door.

We began to walk along the rows of cars, before reaching the building with the bathrooms and concessions.

"So what's up?" Jackson leaned against the wall.

"I think we have to call this off."

He laughed, "What? We just started."

My eyes traced the mounds of grass on the ground, "I think he cares about me, and that's the reason we started this," I looked up to see the desperation in his eyes, "That is why we did this, right?"

He turned away from me, rubbing his forehead with his palm, "Emilie.."

"Don't tell me..."

He spun around and pulled my hands into his, "I still love you. I want to be with you."

"You used my vulnerability to try to get what you wanted?"

He squeezed my hands tighter, "You don't want this?"

I tried to pull away, "No, Jackson. We broke up, and I moved on. You told me that you had to."

He finally let go of my hands, "I just needed the opportunity to win you back... I know you still love me too."

"Jackson..."

"Please, just give me a chance."

I swear if I hear that one more time.