CAPITOLO TRENTACINQUE- Insecure

"Don't know what you're doing, wonder what you're doing?"- Bryson Tiller.

Manhattan, New York📍
8:00 pm
December 11th '18

Stepping out of his shower, Michael's body glistens under the bathroom spotlights while water droplets cascade swiftly down his smooth mocha brown skin.

He grabs his towel and wraps it around his waist before exiting the bathroom, venturing over to his walk-in closet. Following his usual night time routine, Michael dries and moisturisers his skin before pulling on a pair of grey Tommy Hilfigure boxers. Once he was done, he grabs a pair of black Nike joggers and a silk black durag which he begins to tie around his head as he exits the closet.

Immediately, his eyes take notice of the person sitting on his bed, playing with their fingers.

"Aaliyah, baby..." Michael breathes out, surprised to see her, "When did you get back?"

"Just now..." She answers, looking up at him. She tries to keep it together as she felt herself getting turned on by the magnificent man in front of her. "Y-you look good."

Michael notices her stare was everywhere but his face and smiles before letting out a chuckle as he moves closer to her. "It's yours if you want it."

"Oh trust me, we'll get to that part..." Aaliyah snaps out of her trance, meeting his eyes finally, "But I think it's time we talked."

Michael nods pulling on the joggers before taking a seat next to her and intertwining his fingers between hers. "I'm listening."

"Okay look," She begins, "I won't lie and say I don't feel some type of way about you having a daughter because I do."

Michael sighs, "Look, Liyah–"

"But not because she's yours," Aaliyah interjects, sighing, "I'm more mad at the fact that she isn't mine."

Michael stares at her, finally understanding what she was feeling. He pulls Aaliyah into him, cradling her within his strong arms.

"Baby, she is just as much as your daughter as she is mine," He soothes, "We're getting married soon and you'll be her mother regardless."

"Step-mother." She corrects.

"Same difference. And don't worry baby, we'll still try and have our own. Fuck what the doctors say, we'll get our miracle."

Nodding, Aaliyah pulls back from his arms and wipes the stray tears that had fallen. "I- I just got scared." She confesses, "I was hurt and angry but mostly scared that now you have a daughter with that woman, you would want her and leave me."

Michael frowns, "Why would you think that?"

"Because she's the mother of your child! She's gorgeous, strong, fertile...everything I'm not." Aaliyah looks back down to her fingers, with a frown.

Michael cups her face, slowly lifting it so she could look into his eyes once more. "Listen to me, I don't want any other woman but you. Fuck what you don't have! You're so much more and you don't even see it, but I do! I love you Aaliyah, not her or any other woman but you, so please don't give up on us."

Aaliyah stares at him, taking in his words and hearing his plea.

"Rheah is just the mother of my child." Michael continues, "Yes, she means something to me, we share a daughter which gives us a connection, but it is in no way shape or form, the connection I have with you. You don't need to worry about her."

Aaliyah's frown shifts into a small smile, "Okay, Michael, I trust you."

Michael plants a soft kiss on her forehead, "I love you Aaliyah."