Chapter 22

Donghyuck and Mark left the art studio, allowing Ayeon and Renjun to finish up while they caught up with one another.

"Finally." Ayeon muttered as she put her paintbrush down. She felt Renjun lean over, glancing at her painting. "What?"

"Nothing, it looks good." Renjun simply said before putting his own paintbrush down. "Let's just get these submitted and meet the others."

...

Ayeon was surprised when Donghyuck slowed down in front of a fast-food restaurant with retro vibes and neon lights. "This is where we're eating?"

"Yeah, there's not many places that allow a large group of Phoenixes in. It's owned by Taeyong's friend, Doyoung." Donghyuck explained.

"I see." Ayeon said as she hopped off the parked motorcycle.

They were indeed a large group, with the two of them, Renjun, and Mark. Mark was now wearing his phoenix jacket again, a look Ayeon definitely wasn't used to.

The four of them walked inside, making their way to the large table Jiayi, Winwin, and Taeil were sitting at, along with Jeno, Jaemin, and two other boys Ayeon had only seen in pictures.

"What are they doing here?" Donghyuck exclaimed.

"They wanted to come and plus, Renjun said that they already knew." Jiayi responded. Donghyuck turned to Renjun who only shrugged.

"Maybe don't make it so obvious at school." Renjun said as he slid in beside Jaemin.

Ayeon felt the eyes shift from her to Mark, before Jeno immediately stood up, almost flipping the table of the booth.

"Mark Lee?" Jeno called out, his mouth wide open/ Mark gave him a sheepish smile.

"Long time no see."

...

Soon Mark had filled the rest of the Phoenixes in and Ayeon was introduced to Chenle and Jisung. She also met Winwin, Jiayi's boyfriend and Renjun's favourite gege.

Contrary to what she saw at school, Jeno was a lot nicer, trying to make small jokes every now and then, just to be called out by the others for them being lame. Chenle and Jisung were also both very friendly, and Ayeon felt right at home with the groups.

On the other hand, Ayeon was expecting Jaemin to be friendly and outgoing but instead, the male was quiet, the only words coming out of his mouth was whatever he was whispering to Jisung who sat beside him.

"So how did you two meet, anyways? I thought I told you to avoid them." Mark said, motioning to Donghyuck and Ayeon.

"Yeah, I was going to ask the same thing." Jiayi added.

Ayeon looked over to Donghyuck who only shrugged. "We met because Ayeon was being dumb and reckless."

"Hey!" Ayeon exclaimed, giving Donghyuck a light slap on the arm, making everyone else around them laugh.

"Please enlighten us." Jiayi said with a big smile, her hand laced with Winwin's.

"Well it begins with a certain someone waiting at a bus stop full of junkies." Donghyuck said, a wide grin on his face.

...

"I was just trying to enjoy sleep and the next thing I know, this idiot is banging on my door. So I open it and not only did this guy interrupt my sleep but he was covered in blood and was bringing a girl over as well." Taeil said, recounting the time Ayeon and Donghyuck had stayed over at his place.

"I mean, that explains the crutches." Jeno said he munched on his burger.

Their food had arrived while they were talking, Doyoung bringing out fries, milkshakes, and burgers. The group was happily eating the food while sharing stories.