30 - Barty Crouch Jr

You quickly showered and changed so you could go and meet Dumbledore. You threw on Fred's jumper he gave you that night you were in the astronomy tower along with a pair of jeans before running down the stairs to the common room. As you entered the room, Ron was telling everyone what had happened to you all and for once he could now share the spotlight with Harry. Knowing everyone was far too distracted to pay attention to you, you quickly slipped through the portrait hole and headed to Dumbledores office as quick as you could. 

As you got closer to the office the door swung wide open revealing a furious Mad-eye but his gaze soften when his eyes landed. "Ah- it seems like we've got a visitor." He moved aside so all the teachers who were currently in the office could see you. 

"(y/n), whatever is the matter?" Dumbledore asked. 

"Umm... I need to talk to you." 

"About?" Snape asked as he stood in the office. 

"My Godfather." At your words Mad-eye seemed to tense up much like a few other teachers but you ignored them. 

"Very well, come in." You followed his orders and walked in the office whilst the others all filed out. "Miss McGonagall what may I help you with?" He asked once everyone had left. 

"My Godfather, I need to know what he looks like and I know that you know who he is." 

"Barty Crouch Jr is a uniqe man. I knew one day your curiosity would lead you to me." 

"Why did no one tell me? I had to find out from the Malfoys!" 

"As one we believed he would never try and contact you again. Not after the passing of your mother, he was too hurt. No one expected him to seek you out." 

"I want to know about him. I need to know what he looks like. I believe he's in the castle." 

"That's a very bold statement-" 

"He's sent me letters. I got one the other day. Hermes gave it to me, Hermes is Percy's owl. Percy let me borrow him. He's been in the Owlery for the past week so if anyone was to send me a letter via Hermes they'd have to be in the castle or have some way of getting to the Owlery undetected."

"He was sent to Azkaban just after Sirius was."

"Sirius knew about him." You said. "How did he know if he was sent to Azkaban if Sirius was already there?" 

"Barty and your mother were good friends. Some believed Barty was in love with her. Everyone knew that she'd made him your Godfather. I have a feeling she knew she was going to pass as she appointed everyone roles so early on. I told Sirius about his past when I knew he was safe." He moved closer to the Pensieve. "Prehaps you should see for yourself."

 You walked closer to the Pensieve. It was glowing and creating pools of light. You could hear faint voices so you leant in even closer. As your nose touched the tip of what looked to be glowing water you were quickly pulled in. You started to fall until you eventually hit something. Opening your eyes you could see that you were no longer in Dumbledores office but in the Ministry hearing room. 

Looking to your left you saw Dumbledore looking out into the crowd. "Professor? What's happening?" But he said nothing. Suddenly a cage shot up from the middle of the floor and there in it was Karkaroff. 

Your eyes scanned the room to see a number of Witches and Wizards some you knew, such as Rita Skeeter who had her quill at the ready and Mad-eye who was sat behind you. 

"Igor Karkaroff. You have beenbrought from Azkaban at your  your own request to present evidence to this council. Should your testimony prove consequential, thecouncil may move to reduce your sentence or commute it entirely. Until such time, you remain in the eyes of the Ministry a convicted Death Eater. Do you accept these terms?" Barty Crouch spoke loud and clear to Karkaroff.