Chapter 24

AN: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. Sorry that I haven't uploaded in a while, I've been really busy with personal stuff. I've also needed some time to myself, and I know that it's selfish, but I needed time to decompress and release the stress in my body. I really hope you guys understand, and I will try my best to upload consistently. I want to try and post every week after this one, and I'll try my best to keep going. Thank you for the feedback, I'm sorry if the story isn't as enjoyable, and I completely understand. I am not the greatest writer, and I never will be, so I am trying my best to make the story compelling. Anyways, please enjoy!

Recap:

"I forgot how curious Athena and her children were," Perseus said light-heartedly.

"Is that an insult?" Annabeth said angrily. Max tried to calm her down, but Perseus quickly responded.

"No, of course not. Curiousness is a good trait, but what is better is asking the right questions," Perseus responded.

"Now, if you would allow me to introduce myself," Perseus said, to which Annabeth eagerly nodded.

"My name is Perseus, son of Thetis and brother of Achilles."

Present:

Annabeth's jaw dropped and Grover almost fainted. Max almost laughed at his friends' reactions. "You're...you're serious right?" Annabeth asked shakily.

Perseus chuckled. "Of course I am."

Annabeth looked at the ancient demigod shakily. "You're...you're lying. In the Odyssey you died in the sack of Troy," Annabeth sputtered out.

Perseus laughed. "Apollo, as much as we have come to be friends, is not a good close quarters fighter. Take away his advantage of range and it isn't as hard as you think. I told your mother the same thing during the fall of Greece."

Annabeth looked at the demigod in awe. "What is your relationship with my mother?"

"I don't know," Perseus said. "I think she might have had a crush on me, if that's what you guys say these days. I'm not 100% up to speed. She was definitely interested in me, as nobody knew who I really was except for my brother, my mother, probably your mother, and two other people that I aware of. However, I am assuming that multiple people know that I am alive, but I'm not sure who."

"Who knows who you are?" Annabeth asked.

"I'm not telling you that easily, Little Annabeth," Perseus said with a smirk.

"Don't call me little!" Annabeth shouted, causing Perseus to chuckle and ignore her statement.

Perseus discreetly winked at Max before looking at the two other clueless quest members. "So, Zeus lost his firecracker, huh?" Perseus asked. Thunder rolled overhead as Perseus rolled his eyes.

"Yeah," Maximus said with a nod. "Zeus thinks it was Hades."

Perseus scoffed. "I assure you, it was not Hades. It must have been someone else. However, Hades might know who did steal it, so you guys might as well continue your journey to his realm. Come, I will explain a few parts of my story to you if you guys are up for it until we get to Denver."

Annabeth nodded her head quickly and dragged them over to a car and waited for Perseus to tell his story.

LINE BREAK:

As Perseus told his story, ranging from his brother's death to his duel with Apollo, Maximus noticed that there were some things he skipped. He knew there must have been a woman in his life, as Perseus was handsome, but he didn't want to strain his relationship with his newly-found brother.