Chapter Eight

~I'm the one to blame, I walked away when you came to stay. Now everything's...grey~
            WDW - Grey.

Corrine

"Eat up!" His annoying voice came again and I hold in a groan that wanted to leave my lips. He has a death wish.

"Ethan, do me a favour and leave me alone!" I growled, flashing him my elongated canines and my golden eyes.

"Yeesh, sunshine. What crawled up your ass and died." He muttered as he moved away from my angry face. It had been a month and I was still stuck inside a cage. Still hoping that somehow I could finally escape. Go where exactly? That I still did not know but I was sure I was going to go somewhere and never let anyone hurt me.

"Why can't your just let me go? I know Primus Genesis had done his own research and I know he has found out I have nothing to me. I know he knows I mean nothing to my pack." I state, glaring at Ethan whose back was currently attached to the wall as he gave me a glare, still mad at me for nearly biting his head off.

"That's impossible, sunshine. If you haven't noticed, he isn't the most approachable guy so that would be a tough thing to do." He replied, as he plucked his form off the wall, walking towards me in my cell.

"Ugh, I hate him so much. I just wish he could just be an open guy and not act like an ass!" I yelled, hitting my fist against the wall only to regret it a second later as I wince in pain.

"Ouch, even I know that move was just utterly stupid." Ethan snickers and I growl once more, flashing him my fangs.

"You know what, Ethan! Get out of here! Get out!" I yelled.

He lifts his hands up in surrender motion and walks towards the stairs.

"Yeah yeah yeah." He grumbles leaving me to my currently depressing thoughts.

My mind had created different scenes where I could escape only to come back blank. I so wanted to leave, escape but I knew the dangers, the dangers of walking alone here. The dangers of being the only eerewolf walking around. It's a death wish.

I grab the food that Ethan had placed on my cell and began munching slowly. It tasted awful and I was almost sure I would have a stomach ache. I swallowed a small piece of the slightly raw meat and left the remaining one. I needed the food and soon, I'd pass out if I didn't take it.

When I was ready to take a nap, my peace is rudely interrupted by Ethan walking in with a huge smile on his lips. I narrowed my eyes on the grinning vampire, a look of confusion and fear rushing through me.

"Get up, sunshine! You're getting out of here!" He screams the words as he fumbles with the keys to the cell. My chest blooms with hope and I instantly shoot up, my sleep long forgotten as I rush to help him open the door.

"You're letting me go?! Thank the moon!" I yelled, mine even louder than when he did.

"Oh, yeah about that..." He whispered as his smile dimmed a little.

"What?" I asked afraid of his answer.

"Well, you'll have to meet Genesis first." He states vaguely and I hold in the urge to roll my eyes.

"Yeah, whatever. I'm just glad I'm getting out of here! I can't wait." I almost scream in sheer joy. Finally, after one full month I'm finally getting out of this forsaken coven.

"Um...sure, sunshine." He let out a nervous chuckle.

In a hurry, I grab his hand and began to pull him towards what I assume as the way to the cold Primus.

"Wrong way!" Ethan screams and I growl before pulling him in the opposite direction.

"Slow down, sunshine. I don't want you to be disappointed when you get there." He whispered but the only thing that was racing through my mind is the realization that I was getting out of here. No more coven. No explosive and an always angry Primus. More importantly; No Ethan. Sweet.

Finally he leads me towards the same office I was before. I burst through the doors, a smile on my lips. The Primus, who had been calm and doing some paper work, jumped so high. I hold in a laugh and Ethan who was right behind me coughs which could be easily noted as him trying to hide his laughs.

"Don't you guys know the meaning of knocking?" He hissed, his silver eyes darkening with rage. His eyes meet mine and they darken further as he grits his teeth in anger.

"Sorry, Gen." Ethan whispers. Gen? Funny.

"So, when am I leaving? Did you finally realize I was actually telling the truth? Did you finally investigate and realize that I was actually being truthful?" I glared at the man and he just keeps the glare sharp, a bored expression fleeting through his features.

"What do you mean leaving?" He asked, brows furrowing in confusion. Really?

"Ethan said you are letting me go so when am I leaving?" I asked, a sudden dread forming at the pits of my stomach.

"Leaving? Who said anything about leaving?" He asked before glancing behind me to Ethan, "Ethan! What the fuck did you tell her?" He glared at him in anger.

What? I'm not leaving? No.

"What? I need to leave! Please let me leave!" I begged and I could almost here Aura growling in anger. She absolutely loathed it when we begged for anything at all.

"That's what I was trying to tell you, sunshine. You are actually getting out of the cell, not leaving. Sorry." He whispered the last part and my blood boils. I was so hoping to escape. To go somewhere safe. Somewhere I'm wanted and here I am still stuck here. The hope that had been blooming shatters and waves of tears begin to form.

"What? What I said is true! I know nothing about my pack.  Please let me go! I won't ever come back. I won't even talk about this kidnapping, like ever!" I plead staring at Primus Genesis with a look of desperation. I think imagined it when his eyes actually softened, an almost vulnerable look flashed through his silver hues.

"I'm sorry but you're not going anywhere. Yes, I may have proven some of the things you said as true but others, I still need to know if they are true." He declared.

I was wrong. His eyes did not soften nor did they look vulnerable. I read wrong. I really did.

"So what am I supposed to do as you do your oh so wonderful research?" I asked, my hope fading by the minute.

"Well, that's why Ethan came down. You'll have to do chores around here. You need to start working." He stated and I groan, annoyed.

"Until when? Until when will I stay here? What if you can't find whatever you want with my pack? What if you never do? What will I do? Will I live here for the rest of my life?" I glared, anger bubbling through me, in pure untamed rage. How could he? How can he do that to me?

"Well, until I decide so, Corrine you are stuck here." He exclaimed.

"No! You can't do that to me! You can't!" I growled, my canines enlarging with anger, pain and hopelessness. However with a wave of his hand, Ethan begins to drag me out of the office.

I wasn't getting out of here. It was painful to admit it but I was stuck. Stuck with ruthless bloodsuckers. With the creatures that supposedly murdered my mother.

*

Not edited.

Omg. I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a long while! I kinda fixed the problem :) so I will update more often. I have school projects and exams that I need to focus on but I will still update, when I have time!

Vote. Comment. Share.