Chapter 6 - Group Therapy

Certain topics (ex. Anxiety and IED) discussed in this chapter might be sensitive or triggering, so please don't read it if any of the topics bother you.

My road rage needs to get under control. It's a little severe, not gonna lie. I mean, people are dumb fucks when on the road but like, I need to calm down. I arrive at my destination and park Cheery at the closest spot to the entrance. I really fucking hate this place. Not the people, just the place. And activities.

Banks Group Therapy

We've gotten kinda close to the owners since I've been going here for a little over two years. I mean, it wasn't exactly willingly. I sigh as I make my way through the doors. I immediately see the receptionist, Eva, and walk up to her.

"Hi Sweets. Is there anything I can do for you or you gonna go right in?" She asks. She's called me Sweets since I first came here, and I honestly love it. She's like a grandma to me.

"No, I'm just gonna go in." I smile at her. She gives me a smile and nods. My boots clacking against the floor as I walk through the familiar halls to find our room. They usually like to put people with the same reasons for being here together. I stop in front of our room and read the sign that I've read at least a hundred times before.

Intermittent Explosive Disorder.

I sigh one more time and open the door. I walk in and look at the familiar faces. There will be a new face every once and a while, not today I guess. Our usual group consists of Marcus, Julien, Levi, Kim, Matty, Lana, and me.

"Alright, now that we're all here, let's get started." Our leader, Torrie, starts us off. 

"Today we're going to be partnering up for a project after our recaps." She smiles. "Matty, you wanna start?" She urges the brunette. Matty sighs but nods.

"Well, I've been getting better I guess. I've been able to control my outbursts more." She shrugs. Everyone shares going around the circle, me being the last to go.

"Um, I don't really know. It's been getting easier to tell when I'm feeling something strong." I say. She nods and dives into our project for today.

"Alright, today you're all going to be partnered and discuss the progress you've made this week. The partners are Julien and Kim, Levi and Lana, and finally Tyler and Marcus." Goddammit, Marcus has to be about the most infuriating tool on this planet. The fact that I'm on my period does not help.

"So, partner. How you've been doing?" He asks, taking a seat next to me.

"Fine." I roll my eyes. 

"Oooohhhh, fiesty. I like it." He smirks.

"Not today Mark." I say in a warning tone.

"Are you on your period?" He mocks and his smirk grows.

"I started my day in a puddle of blood, is that how you would like to end yours?" I tilt my head. He puts recoils back and puts his hands up in defense.

"Estúpido culo azada." I mutter under my breath before we do our project. When our session ends I start to walk out but Torrie calls me.

"Have your panic attacks been getting better?" She asks and I nod before rushing out of the building. I might have lied to her about my panic attacks, they haven't been getting better, if anything I would say they've gotten worse.

I tried researching on group therapy to make this realistic as possible but if there are any mistakes please tell me amd I will fix it.