thirty eight | boiling rock part 2

It was morning now and the three were now trying to make it back up to the prison.

Gongs began to sound as Chit Sang was found trying to escape, causing distress among the prison.

"The plan failed! They're caught!" Sokka said. "The gondola's moving." He said pointing to the vehicle that moved up and down the rope to and from the prison. This is it. If my dad's not there, we've risked everything for nothing."

"We had to." Suki said.

"Is that him?" Zuko asked as a man stepped out.

"My dad doesn't have a nose ring." Sokka rolled his eyes.

"Where is he?" He said as more people stepped out. "That's it? That can't be it."

"I'm sorry, Sokka." Mari said sadly.

"Oh no.." Sokka trailed off.

"Hey, you! Get off the gondola!" Shouted a guard. They all looked up to see Hakoda step out of the vehicle.

"Is that him?" Zuko leaned in to ask Mari.

She glanced at how close he was. Mari nodded before scooting away.

"Dad." Sokka smiled.

--

It was about noon now, Sokka had come in earlier to inform Mari about Hakoda's plan of taking the gondola and using the warden as a hostage.

Her cell doors began to open and she watched as all prisoners were running out into the yard, no guards in sight.

She ran to the center to meet with Sokka, Hakoda, and Suki. Zuko missing.

"This is it. We have to start a riot." Sokka said.

"Okay but how do we do that?" Suki asked.

"I'll show you." Hakoda said walking up to some prisoners. He shoved a tall one who whipped around quickly.

"Hey! What'd you do that for. That hurt my feelings." He said.

"Aren't you mad at me?" Hakoda asked,

"Uh well normally I would be, but I've been learning to control my anger." he said shrugging.

"This isn't working.." Mari said.

"Hey you! You're lucky I didn't rat you out earlier to the warden when he was questioning me. But my generosity comes with a price. I know you're planning another escape attempt. I want in. Said Chit Sang.

"Actually, we're trying to escape right now, but we need a riot. You wouldn't happen to know how to start one would you."

"A prison riot? Please." He said walking up and picking a short man up.

"Hey." he shouted at the crowd of prisoners. "Riot." He yelled throwing the man up and down in the air, causing the crowd to shoot fire up and yell.

"Impressive." Hakoda stated.

"Zuko!" Sokka exclaimed as the prince came running to them