| 𝐇𝐞𝐫 𝐏𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐭 ➪ 𝐑𝐞𝐲 𝐒𝐤𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐞𝐫 |

Prompt:
Rey goes missing, and (Y/N) has to find her.

Requested by mollyjeepers

She/Her

1st POV
♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎♡︎

"Rey has been gone a while now," Poe Dameron, my older brother, mumbled, scratching the back of his head while watching her ship's tracking beacon go silent, "She said that would happen, but I have a bad feeling about it. I should've sent BB-8 with her."

I shrugged; the flashing tracking beacon still ingrained in my head, "Rey can take care of herself. She's the only Jedi we know, and she's far more capable than you or I. We just have to trust her."

"Finn won't like that we sent her out while he was taking his little nap," my older brother whispered, "I just hope he wakes up soon so we can explain everything to him."

For once, I agreed with him. Finn took on some nasty wounds while battling the notorious Kylo Ren only a few moons ago. He was beyond brave— braver than I could admit to. I was forever in debt to him. He saved Rey and brought her home to me. I mean, brought her home to us.

                 The medical droid said the old Stormtrooper could wake up any day now, which was exciting. His healing process was going on quite well too; barely showing any loss of vital signs throughout the process,

                "I am worried about something though," I pipe in, gaining Poe's attention, "What if Kylo comes searching for us while Rey's gone? We won't be able to protect ourselves without her lightsaber."

Poe nodded, stroking his slight stubble on his chin, "I've thought about that, but we are capable too. If worst comes to worst, we flee."

"We can't leave Yavin 4!" I commented in aggravation, "This is the only place where the First Order doesn't have the upper hand. If we leave, we will be cornered."

"It's better than dying, (Y/N)," Poe shook his head, "I know you know I'm right."

I know he is right. It just doesn't feel right. Thousands of rebels lived here, and thousands more fought here in the past. A legacy of heroes were born here, and I wouldn't let them die here as well,

"I'm going to go find Rey. Either you can come with me or not. Regardless, we need her. Whatever she's looking for can wait," I snapped, throwing the dirty cloth off my belt line that I always use to clean my ship and onto the ground; heading towards my ship, "Yavin 4 needs her."

                  "Or do you need her?" Poe questioned, following me and keeping up with my pacing towards the ship.

                   I spun around on my heel and shot my older brother the angriest look he's probably ever received in his life, "What the hell are you referring to?"

                    "You're a Dameron," he smiled in amusement, leaning against my side; his arm resting on my head, "Us Dameron's know each other better than anyone else. Plus, you suck at hiding your feelings."

                      I rolled my eyes and slipped from underneath his grip, "Thanks for that clarification 'bro,' but I have to go and find our Jedi. Are you coming or not?"

                      Poe swallowed in uncertainty, "Regretfully, I am going to have to let you go by yourself. I have to watch over this place and make sure nothing goes wrong while you're gone."