Chapter 49: Please?

The garden above.

Amelia Black

"As broken or as fucked up as I am, you have managed to bring some light into my life and I can't picture the rest of it without you."

"Adam, you have feelings for me?" I ask out loud.

"Isn't that why you've been messing with my head? Deciding to go on a date and a hanging out with Damien all night."

"No, I wasn't." I say softly.

"Don't act all innocent now." He says darkly.

"Damien is your best friend."

"But he's still a guy, I saw him whispering in your ear and you were laughing. Do you want to be with him?"

"Of course not!" I feel like I'm going to cry.

He takes a seat, running his fingers through his hair. "Then do you want to be with me?"

"I-why are you asking me that?"

He looks into my eyes. "I want to be with you."

"Adam, are you sure? Your reaction after New York, it hurt me a lot. I don't want to feel like that ever again."

"I know, I know and it kills me to know that I've caused you so much pain."

"I'm scared." I admit.

"I'm not saying I'm not going to fuck up again but I will try and become a good man for you."

I sigh, taking a seat next to him. "You're already a good man."

"Then I'll become better, everyday. If that's what it takes."

"Okay." I breathe.

"You want this?"

"Yes, Adam. You make happy." I'd be a fool to say no.

He pulls me to his lap and wrap his arms around me. "You make me happy too, baby."

My eyes light up when he calls me that. "Yes. My baby." He kisses my cheeks and adds, "Always."

I smile and hug him tightly. He hugs me back, stroking my hair and my phone starts ringing.

"Who's calling?" Adam growls.

I pull away and check my phone, "It's Damien."

"Don't answer it."

"But I-"

He takes the phone from me and rejects the call while I stare at him in disbelief.

"No more dates, Amelia and no more fucking Damien. I don't like to share." He says possessively.

"I don't either." I tell him back.

"Good." He smiles.

"Can we take things slow? I would like to have a few days to think."

"Sure." He says and leans in to kiss me.

"No." I pull back.

"What?"

"Don't kiss me, please."

"Why?" He asked utterly confused.

"Till I finish thinking."

He leans in and kisses my cheek. "But I want to kiss you now."

"You've kissed me like five times already." I blush.

"And I want to do it again and again and again." He says kissing all over my face.

"Adam."

"Amelia." He says, trailing his kisses to my ear. "Stop." I giggle.