If You Scream

Some content in this chapter may be disturbing to readers: Readers discretion is advised. Please note that events that take place in this book are real life problems people face every day.

I stare at the clock in Biology 101, only three minutes left until the bell.

"Hey."

I turn to see Grant, "Oh, hey?"

He slides a piece of paper across the desk, and returns back to his work.

Unfolding the piece of paper it reads:

9:30 @ 214 Sun Circle
+1 Allowed

I turn to face Grant, but the bell rings and he is already half way to the door. I slide the note into my pocket and grab my stuff to head to my locker.

"Em!"

I knew who that voice belonged to, but I wasn't ready.

"Em!"

I started walking just a few paces faster.

"Em!" He grabs my arm and turns me to face him.

"Oh, hey."

"I have been yelling for you." He readjusts his backpack on his shoulder.

"Sorry, I have been zoned out. What's up?"

He nervously played with the back of his hair, "Are you busy tonight?"

I flashed to the note that was in my pocket, "Uh, yeah kinda. Why?"

He shifted his weight from his toes to his heels, "Oh, nevermind."

We stand in awkward silence for about fifteen seconds, "Okay, well I have to get to my locker. See you around?"

He nods.

Upon reaching my locker, Sarah is waiting.

"What was up with that?"

I look over my shoulder and see Jackson still standing in the hall, "Oh, that? Nothing."

"Did y'all break up?"

I shook my head, "No, we are just not agreeing right now. It's fine."

She closed my locker after I swapped my books, "Do you want to go to the Diner tonight?"

"I can't."

Her face had confusion written all over it, "You can't?"

I shook my head, "I have this meeting."

The one minute warning bell sounded through the hall. Sarah waved bye and skipped down to her next class. The final bell rang, officially marking me late for class.

"Well, we are already late. Want to skip?"

I turn and see Liam standing behind me.

"No thanks."

He reaches across the space between us and pulls the paper out of my front pocket, "What's this?"

I snatch it back from his hand, "It's none of your business."