Club Relationships

Dagger P.O.V.

That woman will be the death of me, and I will die the happiest man alive. 

I run a hand down my face as I lay back on the bed. After that little dominant and confident scene, I haven't been able to calm my boner, my racing blood, and my heart. Everything is on overdrive. I can't stop thinking about how gorgeous she looked taking control like that. Showing off her new found confidence like that. 

Fuck...she's definitely going to do that more often. 

Next door, I hear the gals talking excitedly about where I could possibly be taking Eislyn, though most of them already know. They are just gearing Eislyn up for our date. Tonight, I will (hopefully) be making my official claim on her. 

The official claim allows not only limited (not deathly unless absolutely necessary) actions to be done in order to mark territory on a woman but also rules against cheating, abuse, any toxic part of a relationship. It's mostly to threaten men away from our women. It's a protection method. Before we had the official claim rule, without a woman's consent and compliance, there were a lot of problems between couples and outsiders. 

There were no boundaries to the extent of damage you were allowed to do to someone else, and on what terms you could possibly hurt someone. Also, women (mostly though sometimes other men) were feeling very controlled by their spouses seemingly 'over-board' displays of possessiveness. 

However, it's not used to control women. It's a way of protecting them from anyone wherever they go.  A lot can happen to a person or people in relationships, but it's more dangerous because of the motorcycle clubs. There are enemies that we make when trying to keep our town safe, but we don't really confront one another unless we really have to. Breaking the official claim being one of those reasons.

Also, before the official claim, a man (usually; though a woman can too) in the relationship can be challenged for the particular person or persons in the other half of the relationship. Though it doesn't happen very often, the official claim puts a stop to it, even if only step two is done.

However, the official claim has to be consented to by both or all parties, and can be broken whenever one person deems it fit. The breaking of the claim can be consensual or not. One of the main reasons, is a couple just not working out. That's why most club members tend to wait to get married before the tattoo. 

There are four steps to the claiming. The first being, the initial claim. The initial claim is mostly not known by the other person(s) in the relationship and is told during a club meeting. Just as I had done more than two weeks ago. The second, is the official asking of the other relationship member(s). That's what I'm doing on the date with Eislyn tonight. All I have to do is ask if she consents to the basic rules of the official claim and that we will both follow them. 

The other two parts of the official claim are interchangeable to what each relationship decides to do. Marriage and the tattoo. As I've said before, most wait till after marriage for the tattoo, but it really depends. Relationships can also decide not to go through with one of them, but the other has to be done or the claim is not truly a claim. 

For example, a couple can get married but decide not to get the tattoo. Or one person does and the other doesn't. A couple can decide not to get married but get the tattoo. It goes either way, but one has to be done. 

What can't happen is any forcibly putting an official claim on a person or persons. That results in serious punishment and being exiled from the motorcycle club. It only has happened once, but the results were detrimental to the survival of both people in the relationship. So, about twenty years ago, that rule was made.