25.

Time flied so fast i had to stop and catch my breath. I can't believe that it had almost been a year at Chrissann party that I had called truce with Ethan's girlfriend.

We aren't close but we are civilized with each other when we are in my each other presence. I didn't think I could manage but I did.

Want more news on what's been going on in my life? I know you do. Well for starters I moved back home in a new house, my mother thought it would be best if we moved in but I told her no so she compromised by us living a few minutes away. I was transferred to a job there which is good and I didn't have to seek one since I had up and left the first on.

Chrissann is in her new school and is doing well and her father is happy about the arrangement since he doesn't have to drive hours or take a plane to see his daughter. She wasn't even more happy getting to see her daddy when she can. Now I think about it she spends more time over his house than mine and it kind of makes me jealous.

Planting thoughts in my head that Lizzie is being a mother to my child then I would shake that thought away. We did decide to be friends at least and thinking those thoughts is not friendly but I can't help but watch her every move around my daughter when she's around hoping that she isn't replacing me.

I should tell you that they are engaged now. I was jealous at first wanting to be in her place but then sad when I knew I could have been her if I had just stayed and admit that I still love him and wanted him instead I pushed him away ran from him and hid for 5 years. There's not a day that that guilt doesn't eat me alive knowing I broke his heart and stole his daughter from him for five years. I would have to live with that guilt forever.

I sighed getting up to answer the door.  My face immediately light up when I see my sweet little girl. I opened my arms and she runs towards me but instead of running into my arms she runs up the stairs.

I frowned feeling sad that she didn't hug me making me feel rejected. I stood up straight clearing my throat rubbing my arms. "Hi," I finally acknowledge the person standing outside my door.

He shakes his head I tilt mine for him to come in once he did I close the door behind him going into the living room. "Can I offer you anything to drink, eat?" I asked.

"Thanks but I'm good I just came to drop her off ," he said before taking a seat and knew he was going to stay for a while before heading back out. I didn't mind.

"So how is work?" I asked starting on an easy topic. He sighs running his hand down his face. "The usual." I laughed as he groaned.

"Yeah, the work as been doubled ever since your dad and our company joined. It's just more work after more work and nothing seem to be doing even though I know it's doing. It's one thing to handle one multi-billion dollar company but two that just asking for brain damage with the lack of sleep," he tells me.

"That's tough," I wince. "Anything I could help with?" I asked. He lifts his hand from over his face looking at me now I only shrugged. He laughed something that I miss and try not to make it affect me in any way.

"You?" He asked in disbelief and I scoffed crossing my hands.

"I would let you know that when I lived wild but serious and I tried to learn what my dad does so when he gets overwhelmed or too tired I would get the work done for him, he didn't have a heir because his eldest was into fashion so he was depending on a successful marriage of the sort with a capable man but look how that turned out and me I didn't want the burden of a multi-billion dollar company on my shoulder so when he offered I said no."

"So yes me, I can help get some of the work load off of your shoulder," I finished.

"Thank you," he breathes relaxing like the work is already done and he has nothing to worry about. "I appreciate it."

"Why don't you hire someone else to work along side you?" I finally asked what he should have done to get the work load to a minimum.

"I don't know who to hire. Frankly I don't trust anyone with either company and I didn't want to risk it," he explained putting back his hand over his eyes.

I nodded seeing his reason. It's true he can't just trust anyone to manage either company knowing that they are both sought out companies in the business world with lots of potential buys and trusting the wrong person can destroy everything each family worked to build.

"I understand." Before I could say anything else I heard tiny feet on the steps coming downstairs and towards us. There was a flash and a girl jumped on me.

"I miss you mommy," she said in her sweet voice and that sadness I felt earlier disappeared and replaced with warmth how could I think that my own daughter would reject me. I hugged her.

"You really needed to go." His hand was no longer over his eyes as he was now sitting up staring at the both of us. She smiled at him nodding. "Well it's time for me to go," he utters standing up.

I stood up Chrissann standing up with me too. We walked him to the door, he kissed her on the forehead goodbye but before he could go I stopped him from entering his car remembering something that I wanted to talk to him about.

I looked if she was paying us any attention before I turned back to him whispering. "You know it's her birthday in a couple of days and I wanted to surprise her and I wad hoping you could help with the planning and stuff."

"Sure," he said nodding. "What do you want me to do?" He asked.

"Later, listening ears and I want it to be a surprise."

"Okay." After that he said his goodbye getting into his car and he was off. I went back inside and Chrissann and I enjoyed our time together and it was like she never left.