49. REHEARSAL DINNER

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I forgot about the rehearsal dinner," A frustrated groan leaves Aliyah as she rushes all over her room, grabbing clean underwear and a suitable pantsuit

She got off work early so she could take a little nap before Toni's birthday party. What she completely forgot was the fact that today is also Kayla and Trevor's rehearsal dinner.

As much as she would've loved to skip it to take advantage of another nap, she couldn't - considering she's the one that planned it all those months ago. Luckily, the times would seem to work out and still give her time to come back to the house and change in time for Elijah to pick her up.

He, along with the rest of the men coming, apparently, are the designated drivers. Toni's new 'man' and Hally's rich boyfriend are also a part of that group of men.

Aliyah had no clue how all three women managed to find themselves in relationships all at the same time.

She can hear Elijah's chuckle carry over her Amazon Alexa as he shuffles, "How did you do that, exactly?"

Aliyah rolls her eyes. She, genuinely, has no idea, "They not on my mind like that."

Now it's Elijah's turn to roll his eyes, "Yeah, sure." She can hear him sip on something — she would assume coffee considering he's still at work. "So, I'm getting off in three hours."

Aliyah glances at the clock for the third time in two minutes to see that it's only 4:32 PM. The dinner starts at 5:30 and lasts roughly 45 minutes. Then, Aliyah will check to make sure that everything is set for the wedding tomorrow, drive home, change her entire vibe and start her hype before Elijah picks her up and drives them to the club.

"Are you showering there?" Aliyah asks as she pulls her hair into a shower cap. She doesn't have the time or patience to re-straighten it.

Elijah's hum seems to make her dresser vibrate.

"Alright, I'm gonna hop in the shower." She tells him, her shower door open in anticipation, "I'll text you when I'm there."

"Alright, babe." He says before hanging up. It's with a sigh of readiness that Aliyah hops into the shower, energy rushing through her veins.