- 1 6 4 - THE FLIGHT OF DRACO AND SNAPE

GINNY HAD GIVEN LORELEI SOME OF HARRY'S LIQUID LUCK THAT THE BOY WHO LIVED HAD LEFT BEHIND FOR HIS FRIENDS

GINNY HAD GIVEN LORELEI SOME OF HARRY'S LIQUID LUCK THAT THE BOY WHO LIVED HAD LEFT BEHIND FOR HIS FRIENDS. The pair were an item now, always snogging in corners when Ginny wasn't studying. Lorelei told them what she knew, something was going to happen that night; Draco would be involved. Hermione and Ron glanced nervously at each other before taking out their wands.

"We need to find Malfoy. Where was he, Lorelei?" Ginny asked.

Ron answered before Lorelei could. "Kreacher and Dobby have been trailing him for months, Gin. He's been sneaking off to the Room of Requirement. I bet anything that's where he was."

"He was on the seventh floor," Lorelei added, glancing at Embry nervously. The boy didn't know what to do. He wanted nothing more than to find Lorelei a way out of there if something were to happen, but where could they go? Neville had snuck Luna into the common room now, both taking sips of the Felix Felicis. Ron nodded at Lorelei's words, agreeing he would be there.

Ginny looked at Ron and Hermione before glancing at Embry and Lorelei. "Hermione, you and Luna go watch over Snape's office. Ron, Neville, and I will go to the seventh floor. Lorelei—you and Embry will stay here--"

"Absolutely not," Lorelei argued immediately. "If something is happening, I will not sit here like a coward, Ginny."

Neville frowned at Lorelei. "You have to stay here, Lor."

"No. I'll find Remus or Tonks. I'll be fine. Embry, I want you to go with Ginny's group. You'll provide extra protection if one of them is hurt."

"And what about you?" Embry demanded. "I'm not leaving your side, Lorelei. That's final."

Lorelei and Embry glared at each other heatedly until finally Ginny proclaimed they needed to go. Embry watched Lorelei take out her wand, one hand resting on her stomach as they ran from the common room. The three groups parted ways, Lorelei and Embry going to find Remus or Tonks near the Astronomy Tower where Harry was said to be.

Lorelei walked slowly once she heard voices around a corner. Pushing Embry back, she glanced wearily around the corner to see Bellatrix, Fenrir Greyback, and many other Death Eaters sneaking up to the Astronomy Tower. Snarling a bit, eyes growing dark, she began to send spells at them, Embry quickly following.

Bellatrix had killed two of the most important people in her life. She wanted to kill her. Lorelei wanted her dead. Rage filled her veins, coursing through so fast that she saw red.

Bellatrix laughed loudly when she saw Lorelei, wondering why in the hell she was in the castle to begin with.

They fought while Bellatrix taunted her, screaming how wonderful it was to not only kill Sirius but kill Amatheia as well. Lorelei screamed, finally shouting a spell to knock Bellatrix down. Before she knew it, a spell had hit her, sending her into the wall behind her. Fenrir stalked toward her, growling out while elongating his talons.

Having enough of this, she allowed her own nails to swipe at him. Before he could do anything, more spells from other witches and wizards were heard. Lorelei sighed in relief when Remus, Tonks, Ron, Ginny, and Neville ran up, fighting off the evil wizards. Remus took pride in punching Fenrir away from Lorelei while Tonks pulled Embry behind her as she began a fight with a blonde man that Embry had been fighting.

Professor McGonagall soon joined, watching as Snape and Malfoy escaped, narrowly missing spells. Lorelei's eyes locked with Draco's at that moment, and the fear in his eyes was something she hated. Shouting another spell at a Death Eater in front of her, she soon saw Harry stumble out of the door looking around with tears pooling in his eyes. He found Neville first, who was on the ground after being hit with a jinx. Once Neville said something about Snape, Harry was off again with no looking back.

Soon, all of the Death Eaters were just trying to leave, but they wanted to do as much damage as possible. Lorelei felt someone pull her out of the way, glancing to see Bill Weasley fighting against Fenrir who suddenly allowed his sharp claws to rake across his face.

"Bill!" Lorelei shouted, sending a curse at the werewolf who was hit immediately and sent to the ground.

Before he could go anywhere, he smirked at her. "The Dark Lord'll love to hear you'll be having a child, won't he?"

Lorelei couldn't answer as he quickly left, leaving a few Order members there while others chased after them. Remus quickly ran over to Lorelei while Arthur ran to his son with Ron and Ginny.

"How could you be so stupid!?" Remus growled out, wiping a trail of blood from Lorelei's forehead. He placed his hand on her stomach, hoping nothing had happened to the baby or Lorelei, but he could see Lorelei limp a bit. "Why didn't you hide?"

Embry quickly ran over to Lorelei, hugging her tightly while mumbling, "That was so scary."

Lorelei began to cry. Not for the pain and loss that was to come, but for the innocence that would be taken away from those too young to understand it. She held Embry to her chest while he shook in fear, glancing at Remus with her own frightened eyes. "I-I wasn't going to let these children fight on their own, Remus. That's not who I am. And B-Bellatrix... she was right there! I could've--"

"You have two people to think about besides yourself now," Remus reminded her, looking far older than he was. He walked over to the already hugging pair and put his own arms around them. "I'm just so glad you both are safe."

Lorelei didn't know why or how the Death Eaters were in the castle, but she knew Draco hadn't wanted Lorelei to be there when they did. That proved right then and there that Draco Malfoy never had a choice, like Harry, he was put into a position to which he had no voice. Draco had a heart, but no one would see passed what he did tonight.

Lorelei held Embry tighter as Remus did the same to the pair. Love would win this war, it had to.