Number

When you awoke, you felt yourself limp against a warmth. With a small grumble, you pulled away from whatever was keeping you warm but you were stopped by the tight hold of your waist, and your eyes widened when you looked around. You were currently straddling Wakatoshi, your e/c eyes glancing around the room and your breathing slightly hitchened. Wakatoshi was holding you close, an arm leisurely resting on your waist as the other was resting on your back. His breathing was steady, and his head laid against your neck, as he pressed himself closer to your shorter form.

You slightly smiled, as you relaxed into his touch. With a bit of reluctance, your hand reached for his hair, as you slowly ran your hand through his soft, olive colored locks. He slightly groaned from the contact, and exhaled as his grip on your waist tightened. You gently chuckled, as you wrapped your arms around the taller male's neck, sinking into his warmth. You remained oddly still for about 15 minutes, before the abrupt knocking at the door brought you out of your trance. Wakatoshi slightly grumbled in midst of his sleep, before you wiggled out of his grasp, and walked towards the door.

"(L.Name), do you have those papers I asked for?" Your coach asked, still in his pyjamas as you shot him a weak, forced smile.

"Yeah, let me just grab them," You smiled, as you turned around and grabbed the stack of papers from the desk, and handed it to him. He nodded, before retreating to his room as your eyes darted towards the clock. It was 5:05 am, and you clicked your tongue at the sight before you made your way to Wakatoshi. You had a mental debate about rushing back into his arms, but the thought brought a bright flush on your face, making you ultimately decide to back away from the challenge as you instead got ready for the day.

~

"And then-"

"Do we really have to listen to you keep talking about shonen jump?" Your brow raised as you shoved a piece of food in your mouth.

"No one wants to listen," Satori grumbled with a sigh. He looked up at Wakatoshi who was glaring at your smiling form, Satori's brows raised at the sight, and he rested his head in the palm of his hand.

"I'll come back after, gimme a minute," You declared, watching as the coach ushered you towards him. With careful steps, you walked towards the older male who was sitting with the other coaches, a bright smile on your face, "Is something the matter, coach?"

"Gentlemen, this is our manager," He introduced politely.

"It's nice to meet you all! I'm (L.Name) (Name)."

"It's nice to meet you, (L.Name)," They all smiled in unison before your coach turned to face you.

"Could you get the things ready for our next matches?"

"Sure!" You smiled, turning around as you began walking out of the cafeteria. With quick steps, you walked outside, and towards the water fountains.

"I'm telling you there's gonna be someone here," A voice boomed from around the corner. You slightly tensed up, before you resumed your work.

"Are you stupid? No one's going to want your number," Another voice scoffed, "Besides, there's probably no one here who's even-"

As they turned the corner, you were met with two boys. One with piercing green eyes and brown, messy hair while the other had gentle blue eyes with bright blonde hair. You shot them a polite smile, before a smile formed on the green eyed boys' face.

"Hey! What's your name?"

"(L.Name) (Name)," You greeted, "You guys?"

"I'm Gin Haruki! Nice to meet'cha!" The green eyed boy smiled with an extended hand. With much reluctance, you reached for his, shaking it. He had a tight firm grip, before you quickly returned to the water bottles.

"I'm Oshin. Oshin Raiden, nice to meet you (L.Name)," He grinned, as they glared at each other with a competitive glance.

"Nice to meet you both," You sheepishly smiled. You packed up the water bottles, swinging it over your shoulder with a small breath.

"I can carry it for you," Gin interrupted with a smile, taking the bag from you, as he walked oddly close to you.

"So why are you here, (L.Name)?" Oshin asked with interest.

"I'm the manager for a team," You replied with a smile, "I'm guessing you guys are here for the training camp?"

"Yup!" Gin sighed contently, glancing up at the ceiling, "I wish you could come manage for our team."

You awkwardly chuckled at the comment.

"What school do you go to?"

"Shiratorizawa," You smiled.

"Shiratorizawa?!" Gin's eyes widened, "Raiden, that's the other high school team that's here!"

"Hmm, maybe we'll go against each other in a match soon," Oshin smirked at you.

"Are you guys third years?" You tilted your head to the side.

"Mmhm," They both hummed in unison, "Are you?"

"Yeah."

There was an awkward silence as they both walked by your side towards the cafeteria.

"You know, I always thought that Shiratorizawa was full of stuck up kids who have their parents pay for everything," Oshin spoke with honesty, "But you aren't so bad. And you're pretty cute."

You lightly blushed as you finally arrived in the cafeteria as you mumbled a small, halfhearted 'thanks'.

"Yeah (L.Name), you're totally cute, we should go out sometime!"

You laughed it off, glancing at Satori with a concerned look plastered on your face, a light pink tinting your cheek as you felt the glare of a certain olive haired male.

"Then can I get your number?" Oshin questioned.

"Can I get your number?"

Gin's gaze met with Oshin's before they glared at each other in anger, practically ripping each other apart with words.

"I asked him first."

"That doesn't matter. What are you, two?"

"Well he probably doesn't even want to give you his number, because you're just a stuck up little-"

"(Name)," Wakatoshi's rough voice broke the argument as you turned around to be met with olive colored orbs, "Are these your friends?"

You didn't know what to say as you awkwardly stood there. "I guess?"

The two boys smirked at the sight of the ace in their presence.

"Let's go (Name). We're getting ready for our next game," Wakatoshi spoke. You nodded, Gin handing you the water bottles before you shot the two boys a weak smile with a wave.

"They aren't actually my friends," You stated, turning around to make sure they had left, "They just started talking to me when I was trying to get ready for the next game."

"Okay."

"(Name) who was that?" Satori ran up to you.

"Two guys that started talking to me when I was filling up our water bottles. They asked me for my number," You gently laughed, as you faced Satori. What you didn't notice was the olive haired male who was glaring at the two boys after your words parted from your lips.

Is he jealous? Satori smirked at the sight.

Now this was perfect.