28

Her senses were the first to come to her. A new power arose from her as she could now feel the imprints of the supernatural around her. She figured this is what a wolf felt when they found another one of their kind.

Somehow she just knew, she knew that a wolf and a human stood nearby her. Not by scents, but by the waves of their aura and somehow Aimee knew exactly what each one was. The dark in her, was almost like a separate, much older mindset that aided her darkest desires as well as keeping her alive in general.

"I can feel you staring," Aimee grumbled making the two men jump. Her eyes opened slowly, attempting to rub them but was stopped abruptly, "Really?" She rolled her eyes as she realized she was chained down to a metal table, "This won't hold me, and you know that," Aimee look directly at Chris, "So what gives? You let me escape?"

Isaac gave Chris a wild look of uncertainty. He knew to trust Chris but he also knew that the man held a soft spot for the orphaned female.

He crossed his arms, "Not exactly."

Instantly a smirk formed on Aimee's lips, she wanted a challenge. Almost like she wanted to damage everyone for no reason, "When I get out of here," She paused and licked her lips, more of a twisted smile showing, "Your daughters dead."

Chris remained unaware of the threat, seeing as he felt like it was empty. Aimee was the most selfless person he had met, and knew that in her right state of mind she would never hurt Allison, "Just like how your sister, murdered mine in cold blood. I'm going to rip poor little Allison's heart out and show it to her while-,".

"Enough!" Isaac shouted at his girlfriend, he wonder if they were still together.

Aimee's attention shot to him like a dart, "Be happy it's not you because," Aimee clenched her teeth together as she pulled up her arm from the cuff, "I could easily," She yanked her arm hard resulting in the one cuff snapping off her wrist. A slight pain was felt before the darkness healed her over. She uncletched her teeth and smirked again, "Hurt you instead."

"Ah but you won't," Chris confidently walked around Aimee, "Because despite this heightened emotional mindset, you still love him."

Aimee narrowed her eyes at him and sucked her teeth, "And you deserve an award, detective," She looked back to Isaac as his eyes never left her.

He listened for any irregular heartbeat to indicate that she was lying, or doubting herself. That never came, her heart was steady, as if she knew what she was doing and had been reading all of their minds, "What now?"

"Now we wait," Chris told Aimee.

Aimee leaned up, "Okay, I'll bite. Wait for what?" The two men were uncomfortable with how different Aimee was acting but Chris never showed her that. He was a hunter, and if need be he would do his job and save or end the girl he had grown fond of. All he could think about was Hayley, Aimee's older sister, and how much he had adored her.

Isaac looked at Chris, hearing his heartbeat pick up slightly before looking back to Aimee. Upon seeing the two men not replying, Aimee yanked her other hand up quickly, breaking the cuff.

Before she could send the men flying two gunshots were heard.  Chris stood, gun in hand, barrel smoking as Aimee jerked her arms into her lap, "You shot me!" She sneered hiding the shock that consumed her.

Isaac's eyes were wide as he watched Aimee bleed from both arms, but before he could speak up Chris did, "I said we wait."

--

"Isaac just texted," Stiles held his phone as he walked in on the couple, "Argent shot Aimee in both of her arms. Apparently the bullets are hallow and mountain ash in them to stop her from using her powers."

Scott stood up, "What do you mean he shot her?" He was becoming protective over his friend even if she was out of her mind right now.

Stiles put his phone in his pocket, "Ya know, when you get a gun and pull the trigger-,".

"It must have been his last resort," Allison spoke up, "My dad loves Aimee, he would never willingly hurt her."

Scott swallowed hard, "Can we just save our friend without killing her?"

Allison slightly rolled her eyes, "Her own magic will heal her, the bullets will stay stuck in her arms preventing her from using her air abilities."

"That doesn't mean he had to shoot her, he could have,-" Allison cut Scott off.

"If he did anything else she would have killed him, and been on her way to end me."

Stiles sighed and sat down on the sofa in Scott's living room, "When did everything start to get so bad for us?"

The couple stayed quiet as they waited for Chris Argent and and perhaps Deaton if he showed to remove the darkness from her.

--

Isaac had also texted Lydia to keep her in loop for what was happening to her best friend. Lydia walked home, and stayed home as she went through photo albums of her and Aimee's childhood.

Lydia sat on her floor, knees curled into her chest as she tried to feel for something. A sign that Aimee would die? Maybe one of her other friends? Allison?

Lydia hugged her knees as tears began to quietly stream down her face as she stared off into space, "Come on," She hissed to herself. She needed her powers to work when she actually needed them.

Lydia's phone went off again, and she looked down to grab her phone to realize she had drew something. It was scribbles and many lines but she clearly read them. The word was parrish, and she had no idea what it meant.

She grabbed her phone before seeing it was hours later and that Aimee had escaped.