Elias 4.3

"Thank you for inviting Athy for tea."

The blond princess bowed.

Elias blankly looked at her and later glared at her after he noticed Felix smile as if he was charmed along with the maids.

'I can do better than that! I am cuter!'

The prince bit his lips as he turned to look at Claude begging that at least the emperor would not fall for the weak attempt to charm him.

Claude only stared down at her before he turned to Elias and picked him up.

"Felix."

"Yes, your majesty."

Elias brightened at the unresponsive response and smiled with a satisfied look on his face as Claude placed him on his lap.

Athanasia tried to hide a disappointed pout.

"Good morning, papa!"

Athanasia greeted and smiled as lovely and as cheerfully as possible and in response to that, Elias tried to hold back his cringe but miserably failed.

It was currently morning. Usually, Elias and Claude would have morning, afternoon, and night tea time and only in the afternoon tea time would they have it together with the princess. Suddenly, a month ago, their tea time changed together with Athanasia changed to morning tea time.

Elias was not sure what Claude was trying to achieve from having tea with the princess. Maybe the charm magic was working? Or maybe he wanted to be reminded of the dancer?

Whichever it was, Elias was not happy.

"Papa and big brother were in my dream yesterday!"

"A dream?"

Elias blinked in interest.

"Athy was with papa and big brother and Lily and Felix and we went to pick the stars and the moon and had fun!"

The crown prince gave a disappointed sigh and turned his attention away from the princess and focused on the tea that was being set on the table. There were a lot of ands in that sentence.

"That's a weird dream."

Claude commented and Elias agreed.

"Athy was so happy to play with papa and big brother."

Claude gave her a disregarding smirk.

Once the tea and pastries were set on the table, Athanasia started to eat her cake and Elias enjoyed the tea's fragrance. Claude spaced out thoughtlessly. These days, after meeting the princess, Claude would space out a lot more. Elias was worried since it was becoming more frequent.

Claude thoughtlessly picked up his tea cup and Athanasia questioned.

"Papa, is that good?"

Claude looked down at the tea he just picked.

"It's not enjoyed for its taste."

"Athy wants what Papa is having!"

Athanasia beamed.

For some reason, anxiety sped Elias's heart.

"It might be too strong for you, princess."

Felix tried to persuade her out of it and this scene just felt so familiar to Elias that he felt like his blood had gone cold.

"I want it! I want the same one!"

"Let her have it. If she wants it, I won't stop her."

'No, don't give it to her.'