Chapter Fourteen

"So what will you be doing tonight?" Micheal asked.

They were both naked, basking in the aftermath bliss of office sex. She was seated on his laps while his deflated prick hung in the little space it found.

"Uhm. My aunt is around and will be leaving next week. She's a Christian and condemns premarital affairs."

"Hmm. Wanted to come and spend tonight in your arms baby."

She lifted his jaw and pecked his lips.

"You've got me from next week baby. And here in the office, I'm yours for keeps."

He smiled in satisfaction and they shared a kiss, only to be interrupted by an incoming notification.

"Bae, I've got a meeting in thirty minutes."

"Ouch. I almost forgot. We should get dressed then."

They stood up and began to dress up. She finished before him and made to walk out.

"Bae, thanks for giving me another chance." Micheal said.

"Its nothing. I love you so so."

They kissed and she walked out of the office, picked her handbag and headed to the restroom for a makeover not minding stares from the other two secretaries.

******
When he was sure the road was now free, he parked to a side of the road, not looking at her.
She was surprised that he stopped. She didn't want to talk about anything. She just wants to go home and make things better.

"Phil why did you stop?"

"I want to talk to you. I want us to talk."

"But I don't wanna talk Phil. We both are wrong and talking about it will lead us to argue and I don't want that."

Without replying, he fished the paper from his breast pocket and gave it to her. She unfolded it and read the words out.

"I'll give you more than you're getting. 08143******"

That number belonged to Amara. What was going on with her sister? What changed her. Her eyes got Misty and she knew she had to cry it out.

"Like you said, you've got your family to take care of and God forbid that I stop you from doing that. I want you to be happy Claire. I'm willing to do anything to make you happy that's why I'm going to let you go. I'm going to let you slip out of my arms because your happiness is my priority Claire."

He sniffed and Claire turned to see him quickly wipe a tear.

"I loved you the very first day I saw you. I didn't know you were married because there was no ring on your finger. I ignored it, even tried to forget you but nature brought us back together. Our paths crossed again and I decided to nurture this love. If you leave me Claire, I won't die, I won't let my love die too but I'll be a changed man. I won't believe in a lot of things Claire. I'll loose faith." He sniffed and looked away, letting his tears fall. He had failed.

She wanted to talk. She wanted to say something but words failed her. She looked at the piece of paper in her hand and bitterness consumed her. She reached out to touch him but he instead, started the ignition and drove off.

To him, this was the end of the road.

--------
He quickly grafted a message. He won't be coming to pick her up because he has dinner with some clients. He would come in late.

Immediately the text said delivered, his phone rang. The bleached face was calling.

"Hi honey. I just got your text." She said into the speaker.