Chapter 21 - Hayden

"Jesus, Mimi! You'll give this guy a heart attack!" Jasmine laughs, though her wide eyes show genuine surprise when she looks at her best friend.

"Jas!" Mila scolds, though I have to admit I do feel like I'm having a heart attack. A fucking pleasant one at that, but a heart attack, nonetheless. "I hope this is okay. I didn't know what exactly we're going to do, so I figured it should be something comfortable..."

"Mimi, chill. Let the guy get rid of his boner before you babble him down."

"Jas! Oh my God..." Mila hides her face in her hands as she always does in these situations, and Jasmine just giggles when I get up, clearing my throat to find my voice again.

"Hey." I step toward Mila and take her hands from her face, intertwining our fingers with a smile. "You look absolutely perfect, Lucky. Stunning as always."

Another wave of heat creeps into her cheeks while she takes a deep breath, her eyes finally meeting mine. "Thank you."

I rub my thumb over her palm, trying to calm her a little. It's obvious she's still embarrassed by all of this, and I don't want her to feel like a joke. "You want to get out of here?" I ask, and the way Mila frantically nods makes me chuckle once more.

"Have fun, lovebirds. Text me if you stay the night."

"Oh my... Jas!" Mila groans, but Jasmine just laughs when I pull Mila after me and into the elevator, not bothering to look back as she stumbles behind me. The second the door closes, I punch the emergency stop button, and I don't even get the chance to move before Mila pushes me against the wall and kisses me with hot fervor. I definitely did not expect a petite woman like that to unleash a power so charged and fiery, but I can't deny that I love every second of it.

She grips the hair on the back of my neck and pulls me down to shamelessly ravish my senses. I can feel how she melts into me too, my hand on her lower back steadying both of us as I close the distance between our bodies, her breasts pressing on my chest. We're fire and ice, an explosive combination that's about ready to combust from the tension building between us. It feels like we're devouring the other, fueling our addiction with every breath we share, fighting fire with gasoline.

"What the fuck are you doing to me, Lucky?" I somehow manage to get the words out as we pull apart.

She looks at me with this fire in her eyes, fire that ignites me, that makes me want to take her against this fucking elevator wall and every other goddamn surface in our vicinity. "You tell me, Cash." Her eyes sparkle like fireworks when she runs her fingers through my hair, trying to fix the mess she created. It's a movement that seems so ordinary, but it sets me on fire even more. Because it's like we've done this countless times before, like she was meant to fix me up every goddamn morning before I leave the house.

It makes me feel something I haven't felt in a very fucking long time, something I shouldn't feel yet. We've only just begun, just created this dangerous potion between us, but it's already starting to show its effect, spectacularly.

I realize I must've been staring at her like an idiot, her questioning gaze settling on me again, and it instantly gives me goosebumps. It's like she knows what I'm thinking, like she can watch my mind race.

Knowing I can't stay in this elevator much longer without devouring her on the spot, I release the emergency stop button. After a quick glance to make sure we're alone, I pull her after me and into my car, closing the doors behind us as quickly as I can.

"Thank you," she whispers so quietly, I almost don't hear it.

"For what?"

"For getting us out of there. Jasmine's like an embarrassing parent sometimes. I think she feels she's obligated to test my date before I go somewhere..."