Chapter 43

The days that followed were pure bliss as Jonas took a time off from work to spend time with her and the girls. They were enjoying their new responsibility and for just the way Jonas was with the girl, she loved him even more. More than once he had caught her staring all doe-eyed like a teenage girl eyeing her biggest crush, but he didn't know of her feelings.

Their days... and nights were filled with taking care of the babies, feeding, cleaning...so much cleaning of poop and pee. But it didn't bother them. When they weren't alone at home, their families would visit, sometimes all or some of them. Only William had yet to return.

It all passed in a blur and the nights turn into one. The babies seem hell bent on having them up both day and night as they decided they like staying up late. Emma wondered when she will get tired of waking up in the middle of the night or when she will start complaining. 'Sleep a little baby, I will see to them' Jonas kissed her cheek before he left. Emma sighed happily, and snuggled in. After spending all day with babies, she was tired and Jonas though Jonas was tired too he always made sure that she got in an extra 5 or 10 minutes. He was such a sweetheart. Ten minutes later she felt him unbuttoning her blouse and Emma rolled over onto her back 'I’ve kept them calm as long as possible but they really want your breast.' he grinned 'I don't know why they like your milk so much, it doesn't taste that good.'

Emma only shook her head before she got into position of feeding her babies. Jonas caressed the babies cheeks while they fed then moved on to stroke lightly on the top of her breast. Soon he relaxed on his back and fell asleep. Emma shook her head at him. The babies feel asleep at her breast and feeling too tired to bring them back to their nursery; she settled them between her and Jonas. When she was sure they were comfortable she settled down and went back to bed.

'Have a wonderful day.' She told him as he opened the door and walked down the steps. He waved before he got into his car and drove off. Emma watched as he disappeared down the drive way before she closed her door. It was weird not having him here and it reminded her of when he left for work after their ‘honeymoon’. It seems so long ago but only this time she wasn't left alone, she now had her daughters with her.

The day passed by where she cared for her babies, look after the house and made lunch. She was just about to start dinner when the doorbell rang. When she opened it, it was to find two bulging guy in a blue polo shirt, their name tag stating Babies R Us on the breast and their names, Tim and Mike underneath. They held a clipboard which Tim pushed for her to sign 'Hello ma'am, sign here.' she was confused but did so all the same.

Emma looked behind the men to see the security guards on standby; Emma shook her head remembering why they were actually there. Mike went back down the step and opened the truck. She moved aside when he along with two other guys brought in a paper wrap crib. Emma directed it to the living room and for them to put it near the corner where they could look at the babies from the couch. They left soon after.

Emma grinned and thanked her husband silently. And for the next hour she fixed the browned wooden crib with bedding, making it comfortable with blankets and teddy bears. The babies will be quite alright in it. She hurriedly went back to making dinner.

She was just washing her hands when he heard commotion outside. She ran out and when she opened her front door it was to see the security guys holding Errol Rose down on the ground. ‘Guys let him up!’ she shouted. The looked at her and she nodded. They release him and he walked slowly up to her ‘Hello Emma. Look I promise you I don’t want anything I just want a chance with you, my daughter.’ Emma sighed and let him in. He smiled gratefully at her, his green eyes twinkling.

She led him in the kitchen and listened to him as he explained why he left and his life story ‘I loved your mother very much. We were going to get married and when she became pregnant with you I fell even deeper. But my brother has always been jealous of me, I wasn’t into the crime he was and he grudged me because of the life I led. He kept trying to bring me into his dealings but I refused. When he found out about your mom and I, he threatened her life and he promised to leave her alone if I did just one job for him. I was stupid and I couldn’t get out from what I started, I had to give you guys up so I set up her and Stanley and she was able to hide. It was then that I left and I went overseas and run his operations. You guys were safe and my life was already over. I have done terrible things and I didn’t wish to taint you guys with my life. If I stayed way Fin promised he wouldn’t harm you.’ He looked so tortured that Emma just went and hug him. He started crying ‘When I heard he was dead I knew I can finally have a chance with you.’