11.

1114
Klaus walked down a street with Rebekah and Elijah at his side. Rebekah begged to go into the square to see the new man she fancied. Klaus and Elijah stood watching there sister flirt with the man. It made Klaus miss Layla. He has been waiting for the curse Esther placed to come into affect, so he could just see her, turn her into a vampire and live happily with her. She never came.

Until that day, something caught his eye. The beautiful face that flooded his memories. Her dark hair in its natural curly state, her green eyes as bright as emeralds. Her skin, ever so silky. She was absolutely stunning. Elijah looked toward his brothers gaze to see the one his brother loved, Layla.

"Am I imaging that?" Klaus whispered.

"No Niklaus," Elijah told him.

"Layla," her name rolled off his tongue, as it came natural. Klaus wanted to run up a kiss her, hold her and never let her go.

He began to walk up to her, but was stopped by Elijah, "Are you sure you want to speak to her?" Klaus looked at him, as if he was crazy. Of course he wanted to speak to her. He wanted to do more than speak to her. "You remember what mother says, she will die,"

"I don't care, I will change her," Klaus said. He walked up to her, beginning to feel nervous, like the first time he kissed her.

Layla felt as if she was being watched, when she turned her head, a man was walking up to her. She never met this man before, but she knew him once upon a dream.

"Hello," he said, "My name is Klaus, I couldn't help but notice how stunningly beautiful you are."

Layla's checks flared red, "Why, thank you, I'm Layla."

Klaus smiled, "It's a pleasure."

This would be the first of many reunions with his beloved.

**********************

Layla was asleep in her bed. She was turned slightly, moving her head off her pillow, onto a chest. She was unaware about him being in her room, but non of the less he was here, in her room. Klaus began to chuckle, making Layla wake up. She slowly opened her eyes, and was starring into blue ones. She jumped back, falling off her bed, "What the hell Klaus!"

"Came to check up on you love," he shrugged.

"Why are you in my house? Why are you in my room laying on my bed?" she screeched, "It's creepy."

"You seemed upset last night," Klaus told her.

"Yeah, I was upset last night. You turned my friend into a hybrid, made Stefan turn off his humanity, and tried to drain Elena of her blood, so no I'm not okay," she huffed.

"I'm sorry love, I need to make hybrids."

"You don't need to you, you want to," she snapped, "You seemed upset last night also, you ran when Damon mentioned a dude named Mikael? Who is he Klaus?"

Klaus frowned, "My sworn enemy?" he said more like a question.

Layla rolled her eyes at the hybrid laying in her bed, "Leave I have school today."

"You're not going to school today love," Klaus told her.

"Then where am I going?" she asked.

"Road trip with me, we are going to talk to a witch to see if we can save you this time and break the blasted curse."

"Let me think," Layla began, "No."

Klaus sighed and suddenly became alert, "What?" Layla asked.