Chapter 12

Kate's Pov

The alarm went off as I yawn and get out of bed. I brush my teeth and head outside. The simple and normal morning I'm used to, breathe in the fresh morning air and get my rocket fuel. It's gonna be a great day.

I open my bedroom door and headed to the kitchen where I see Candice cringing with two coffee cups in hand. I clear my throat and head for a cup.

"I made you coffee" Says Candice in her I'm sorry voice as I stare at her in silence. I then went to the fridge and took out the milk and got the cereal.

"I'm sorry Kate" She says cringing.

"What if it's really because of her that I got that scholarship" I say as I take the cup of coffee from her.

"Or you got it cause you're smart" She says.

"Which one of those things sounds more like Jane" I say as I sigh.

"So what if your bae happens to be a successful entrepreneur who happened to give her bae an all expense paid scholarship, I'd want that" Says Candice.

"I won't want that. I'd prefer to work hard and get it. I don't like things handed to me" I say.

"I was so sure you were gonna say that, I know you too well" She smiles.

"Well I'm going to head off to work" I say as someone knocked on the door.

"If she did do it, would you still accept the gift?" She asks as I go to the door.

"Definitely not. I'll get to the bottom of it" I say as I answer the door to find a man.

"Are you Ms. Williams?" The man asks.

"Yes. I am" I say confused.

"I have a delivery from Ms. Connor" He says.

"I see.." I say as I take the parcel. I sigh as I close the door.

"You know when your girlfriend buy's you a present you're not supposed to sigh" Says Candice.

"Girlfriend? Yeah no.. I've been so independent all this time. I'm not used to gifts" I say as I rest it on the table.

"You're not going to open it?" Asks Candice.

"Nope. I'll return it later" I say as I head to the shower. I shower then head outside to see Candice waiting.

"Come on. Open it" She says excitedly.

"What why?" I ask.

"Cause I wanna see what's inside" She says as she pokes me. I then opened the parcel to find an iPhone 6s. I pick the phone up and saw a message from Jane Connor.

Jane Connor: I'll send the cheque for Bumblebee with Taylor.

Kate: What's with the iPhone Jane?

Jane Connor: iPhones are awesome.

Kate: Lady Gaga is awesome.

Jane Connor: As cocky as always.

Kate: Funny. Anyways I'm heading to work. Enjoy your day Ms. Connor.

Jane Connor: You too Ms. Williams.

I then head to work to have the most normal day ever, Ryan didn't come to work today. Apparently he had the flu. I hurry back to the apartment to get ready for my "meeting" with Jane.

I got ready and awaited Taylor. Taylor was on time as he took me to Connor Enterprises. I head into the building but it would seem most of the staff already left.