11

Even though the sun is shining so brightly outside, once I entered the domain of the forest, it became dark. But I'm able to see clearly because of my night vision. A right turn, straight then left, finally a sharp turn to the right...

I'm here! As the novel described, a big boulder that's covered with fungi. There was an emperor who was lazy to hire people to repair the crack of the outer bailey so he just dumped a big boulder. You can't move it from the outer side of the wall but from the inside...

*thud*

It's possible with vampire strength though it's straining for me. It took me a few pushes but I'm sure brother can do it with one push. Wait a minute, he can see my location....sh*t. If he knew there was a freaking hole here, he'll seal it.

What a way to ruin the whole purpose...I pushed the boulder back to where it belonged. Hopefully, he won't find out...

*hisssss*

What's that sound? I looked around but saw nothing that could possibly make that sound. It sounded like a snake but I can't seem to find it. The hissing continued...I closed my eyes to concentrate on the source. Found it.

"Poor thing. You're bleeding." I bent over to get a better look at the silver snake in front of me.

It's a silver boa...it's not a poisonous snake well even if it is, it won't affect me. I took out the handkerchief from the hidden pocket of my dress and gently wrapped it around its wound...this will have to do for now.

Ouch! It still hurts when it bites me.

"It's alright...I won't hurt you." I continued bandaging it. As if it understood, it slowly loosened its bite.

"And done! Be careful alright? As if you will understand me." I stood up wanting to head back to be stopped by the snake wrapping itself on my leg.

[Child, I would like to form a bond with you.]

A voice? From where? I panicked slightly...another assassin? But an assassin won't say such things right?  I observed my surroundings, nothing's moving. I can't sense any murderous intent.

"W-who?"

[Me. Look down.]

"Mr. snake?" I think I'm going crazy, I'm talking to a snake.

[Well, you can say that. This is not my true form but since I'm injured, I needed a form that can preserve my energy better.]

The snake is talking with me through telepathy?! So it really is the snake? But if he can do this, he isn't a normal snake.

"Mr. snake, what did you mean by forming a bond?" I asked taking the viper in my hand.

[Forming a pact. I happen to be looking for a worthy master and you just happen to be the one I'm looking for.]

That means he'll become my guardian...why? The guardian will die along with the master. Won't it be a disadvantage to form a bond with me? 

[My dear, I have lived long enough. You don't need to worry.]

...my thoughts slipped out. Well, I had always wanted a pet snake anyways. There's no harm in it.

"How do I form a bond?" I asked

[Give me a name with your palm on my head]

"Shouldn't we discuss your name together?" I voiced out my concern, what if he doesn't like the name I chose?

[That is not needed, I will have any name you give me.]

"If you say that I might just name you Snake you know?" I joked.

[...Master, you sure like to jest.]

"Putting jokes aside, what do you think about Arian? Since you're silver in color."

[I have no complaints.]

"Then starting from today, you're name will be Arian," I said placing my palm gently on his head.

A stigma appeared on the back of my hand, does this mean the bond is formed? A silver moon with thorns surrounding it, I like it. But that doesn't mean that Acacius will.

[Master, you can conceal it by tracing a circle around it with your finger.]

"Arian, you said that you're not in your true form right? So what exactly is your true form?" I asked after concealing the stigma.

[I'm the Dragon of the Moon, Master.] 

"Oh, a dragon. W-wait a dragon?!" My eyes widened from shock.

Even in this world, dragons are rare. They're even worshiped as gods in some kingdoms. There was a dragon mentioned in the novel, her master is Acacius but because she disliked the protagonist...Acacius and her broke their bond. 

The novel described the pain of breaking a bond as thousand of needles stabbing into your body, like your heart is ripped apart, your whole body will feel like it's burning.  So it's best not to take a bond lightly.

[Yes, if you don't believe me I can change my form but I can't maintain it for long due to the injury.]

"I-it's fine. I believe you. The sun is setting, shall we start heading back?" I gently set Arian on my shoulder allowing him to wrap around my neck.

With that, I started speeding back. I hope brother won't mind the new 'pet' I brought back with me.

[Master, I will fall into deep slumber later. Since we now have a bond, I will enter your memories. It might so also trigger you.]

"I see, don't be too shocked when you see it." I chuckled.

We arrived, just right before the sunset. I saw a figure standing at the entrance, did my brother wait for me? 

"Luna." 

"Brother! How was class today?" I rushed over and gave him an embrace.

"Same as usual...It seems like you brought something back from the forest." He glanced at Arian.

"Yes, Luna met a new friend in the forest. Can Luna keep him?" I pleaded with puppy eyes.

"...you want to keep a snake?" he asked dumbfounded.

"Isn't he cute?" I beamed.

"...cute. I can't agree it's the cute one here but... you can keep him. Sometimes I wonder if I spoil you too much." Acacius sighed.

"Hehe, thank you, brother!" I nuzzled against him.

"But you can't go to the forest again, promise?"

"Promised!" I chimed as he picked me up.

I pecked his cheeks as a thank you. It would be troublesome if he was against having Arian. Acacius carried me to our bedroom, it seems like he wants to nap today. His class today must've been exhausting.

"What does your snake eat?" he asked setting me on the bed.

Right, what does Arian eat?

[I feed on your energy so I don't need food, Master.]

"Arian doesn't need to eat."

"...All living things need to eat. Don't come crying when that snake starves to death, well maybe it'll be better that way."

I guess it won't hurt to tell him. 

"Brother, Arian's a dragon."

.

.

.

"Let's get some rest, your brain isn't working properly."

 That isn't what you should say to a five-year-old...well you'll believe me when you get your dragon.

"Goodnight," I said snuggling into his chest as he pulled me into a hug.

"Goodnight, Luna."