19 - Here comes the puke again

Evelyn's POV

I woke up from the sounds of Jason's cartoons playing from downstairs, the volume up way too loud, signaling it was Saturday morning and mom wasn't home. My head felt heavy, and I couldn't get myself to get out of bed. Facing the ceiling, I rubbed my forehead and closed my eyes, it hurt to look around the room, even the smallest movements of my eyes making me dizzy.

I forced myself to sit up and tried fixing my hair that was messed up from sleeping. I fumbled around, searching for my hair tie, but it was nowhere to be found. Did I sleep with my hair down? I never sleep with my hair down, what was I thinking?

Already getting dizzy from my 'attempt' to do my hair, I pulled my shirt's hood over my head and pulled its strings to tighten it around my face before falling back on my pillow. Peace. I very reluctantly reached for my ph-

Wait.

I wasn't wearing a hoodie last night.

Feeling panic wash over me, I got up and ran to the closest mirror, my eyes widening the second I saw myself. My hair was a mess, I was still in the sweatpants I was wearing before I left my house yesterday, only my shirt was nowhere to be found. I examined the shirt, realizing it was probably a guy's shirt, but I didn't recognise it.

I brought my hand to my face again and rubbed my eyes, this time almost puking. My hands smelled like... wine? And so did most of my upper body too. Realizing I needed a shower badly to take away the awful smell that was only making me more nauseous.

After having a somewhat cold shower in an attempt to wake up, I put my hair up into a bun and decided to wear the hoodie again. Whoever it belonged to, it was comfortable and warm and since it was in my hands, I'd might as well enjoy it.

Entering the living room I saw my little brother focused on the TV, to a point where he wasn't even looking at the cereal he was eating and I could sense a Fruit Loop disaster heading our way if he happened to spill them all over himself and the couch.

"Good morning sleepy-head"

"Cole?!" I ran to where he was standing in the kitchen and hugged him tightly, with everything that was going on I had barely realized he was gone until I saw him again. He had been staying at his girlfriend's place for a few days, trying to spend as much time with her as possible, as she was going to be out of town for a while.

"Hey kiddo" he hugged me back and chuckled at my excitement. "When did you come back?" I asked and teasingly tapped his shoulder. Regardless of all previous events, he was still my big brother and I wanted a good relationship with him. "Last night" he responded, suddenly making me anxious. I remembered absolutely nothing from last night from a moment and after, meaning I don't remember how I got home. Did he see me drunk?

I just nodded, trying not to look suspicious, before moving to the fridge to make something to eat so I could finally get some painkillers. My head was killing me and I was surprised I hadn't thrown up yet. My phone buzzed from the hoodie's pocket as it's been doing since I woke up. I took it out of my pocket and put it on mute, I could not deal with it at the moment.

"So, did you kids have fun last night?" Cole asked, making me almost drop the knife I was holding. "Um, yes, yes we did" I replied, continuing to apply butter to the slice of bread I had in front of me. "Not too much fun, I hope" he sternly said but tried to keep a light tone to it. "Can't have too much fun with those guys" I replied laughing, and shook my head, trying not to think about what he might've been thinking in order to say that. No to the way.

I heard him laugh and nod, taking a sit on the other side of the kitchen table, taking a sip of his coffee. Taking my plate, I took a sit as well, leaving my phone next to me on the table. All throughout our breakfast, it kept lighting up with notifications I ignored, the vibration it made making me dizzy. I desperately tried hiding my discomfort from my brother and it seemed to be working.