Epilogue One: Rowan Jude Hargrove

────────────────────────────
-'ˏ Margo's Pov ˎ'-

╭ ╮
The Hargrove's House
Tuesday , 2:18 p.m
╰ ╯

────────────────────────────

"Please baby?" Billy cooed sweetly.

"NO!" Rowan yelled at him.

He tiredly slumped against the nursery room wall.

"You can't leave the house without shoes baby! How are we going to pick up Aunty Max when you don't have anything to protect your toes?"

She contemplated this for a second before obediently sitting down and lifting up her foot for Billy to place a shoe on. Once both were on he stood her back up on her feet and smoothed out her light blue sundress. He sealed it all with a kiss before picking Rowan up to leave.

I snorted at him as he walked out into the hallway. Slinging the diaper bag over my shoulder I asked him "Still letting a toddler man handle you?".

"Not man handle." He said defensively. "I just can't seem to tell her no." He then added dismissively.

"But you tell me 'no' all the time?"

"You try to take every puppy you see home and buy every shiny object you come in contact with. She doesn't want to wear pants and shoes so it's different." He said as he leaned over to kiss the top of my head.

"Yeah! No pants!" Rowan yelled as we walked out to the car.

"So much attitude.. just like your dad." I mentioned as I watched Billy gently buckle her in and make sure the carseat would safely stay in place.

"Airport! Airport! Airport!" she excitedly screamed.

────────────────────────────

Rowan was practically glowing with excitement as we pulled up to the pickup area of the airport. She eagerly swung her feet as she peered out the window.

Dustin and Max stood there arguing with their luggage in hand.

Rowan squealed as she saw them.

They had stopped bickering long enough to spot our car and come ambling over. It became a race to see who could unbuckle her first. She then launched herself at Dustin, leaving Billy to engulf Max in a hug. They rocked back and forth for a second before Billy stepped back and ruffled her hair.

"Ew don't do that." She muttered at him with a huge smile still on her face.

Rowan had left Dustin's arms and toddled towards Max who bent down to scoop her up. Placing kisses on her forehead they both eagerly leaned into each other.

"I didn't get a greeting like that..." Dustin exclaimed.

"Hi Dusty Buns." I said wrapping him in my own hug.

"I feel so disrespected here." He muttered into my shoulder.

When Rowan had disengaged herself from Max she ran back to the car and tried getting in by herself.

"Beach now! Beach now!" She yelled as Billy gently helped her up. Everyone laughed at her excitement before piling in with their luggage.

On the way Rowan insisted on holding hands. Dustin to her left and Max to her right, she viscously gripped their fingers as if she were to let go they would disappear.

Even getting out of the car her grip hadn't loosened. She dragged them all the way out to where the waves met the sand while Billy and I slowly trailed behind them.

"We should have another." Billy mentioned while entwining our fingers.

I laughed at him. "You can't even handle the kid you have."

He groaned in response. "Margo I want another! I just love her to death imagine a second and third and fourth and fifth-"

I cut him off with a kiss. "We don't need five." I told him with mock sternness.

"Okay how about four?" He whispered as he leaned down to kiss my neck.

Before I could respond Dustin screamed. All three of them were fake gagging at us. Rowan not quite sure what was going on, but still very much in character. Even going as far as to dramatically crouch in the sand like Dustin was.

"Mind your business this is MY wife not yours." Billy yelled back at them while wrapping his arms around me.

Max rolled her eyes and went back to playing in the sand. Dustin screamed about how I was his sister first.

Without hesitation Billy pulled me in for a kiss which caused Dustin to hastily turn back around.

Not long after Rowan was tugging at Billy's jeans begging for ice cream.

He looked around for a second before picking her up and slinging her over his hip. We all walked down the beach laughing until we found a vendors cart with shaved ice.

"Will this do Princess?" Billy asked Rowan.

With big excited eyes she clapped eagerly. A grin already formed on Billy's face he brought her closer to the list of flavors that had cartoon depictions on it as he began pointing.

"She has him absolutely wrapped around her finger." Max said while stifling a giggle.

"Just wait." I told her.

"I can't decide." She mumbled while leaning into his chest.

"Between which ones baby?"

"Cherry and blueberry."

He nodded sympathetically.

"Can I get a cherry and a blueberry shaved ice?" He told the vendor. "What do you guys want?" Billy turned back to ask.

When we finally all got our shaved ice Rowan excitedly smiled as her two hands were wrapped around different flavored cones. Every once in a while Billy would steal a bite of the cherry one when she wasn't looking.

"I don't think she NEEDS all that sugar." Dustin commented.

"My baby my rules. Isn't that right?" Billy cooed at Rowan with a smile.

"Gross." Max commented while also smiling.

So we sat there along the beach. With sand in our hair and sugary melting shaved ice beginning to melt in our hands.

My own perfect little family.

A/N- I might come back and write some more epilogues!!! Comment any ideas you have and I'll try to make them happen!! Thank you all for reading it seriously means so much to me

A/N- I might come back and write some more epilogues!!! Comment any ideas you have and I'll try to make them happen!! Thank you all for reading it seriously means so much to me. 🥺