LOVE SO DEARLY

♢ ♢ ♢

♢ ♢ ♢

EUNEIROPHRENIA
(n.) the peace of mind that comes from having pleasant dreams

♢ ♢ ♢

The game he was playing was anything, but fair. As soon as the elevator doors propped open, Ravenna immediately opened her eyes and pulled away from his hold. Walking out of the elevator, she felt all eyes on her. Then she realized who was the actual center of attention.

All the females on the floor had their eyes planted on the Italian besides her, but his eyes were only on her. Ravenna's breathe hitched as she felt his hand on her lower back. She looked up into his cyan blue eyes before continuing to walk towards the exit of the building.

"So, can I come with you?" He repeated his question as Ravenna already knew that she had lost the round against him.

"Okay." Ravenna simply answered back, not knowing how else to expand the answer.

"I'll drive." He added as Ravenna shook her head in refusal.

"It's fine I got it." Ravenna retorted as he sighed besides her.

"Please." He whispered gently into her ear. Ravenna could feel all the sensations in her build up upon his command. The goosebumps were once again prominent on her surface.

"Okay." Ravenna once again answered.

Letting him lead the way to his own vehicle, Ravenna started to jot down a mental note of the groceries she had to pick up from the grocery store. Rafael clicked the black luxury car into alert while Ravenna slipped from his hold on her back to the passenger side of the vehicle. She could see him smirking in amusement at her immediate escape.

Buckling up to safety, she waited on him to pull the vehicle out of the parking slot. Silence fell between them as he drove to a nearby shop. Ravenna kept her eyes on the view outside of the car as her thoughts fogged her mind thinking.

Ravenna remembered all the tiny landmarks that they drove pass. She remembered when she was little she was madly in love with the little details because her mother used to always tell her it's the little things that matter. But, the truth was sometimes these little details add up to a bigger truth. A truth that one wants to avoid at all cost.

Ravenna was pulled away from her thoughts as she felt a hand on her thigh. She pulled away from the window to look at him in attention.

"We're here." Ravenna looked out the window once again to see that their indeed at their destination. Ravenna hummed and went to open the door. Grabbing her wallet and reusable grocery bags, she made her way to Rafael who was waiting for her.