46: Saving Su

"Mom, Opal, Bolin, and I left to go to Zaofu, we were going to save Aunt Su and her family, no matter what. All we know is that they're in Zofu, we don't know where or if they were moved, but it doesn't mean we don't look. Our first stop is Zaofu, and if they aren't there, we'll keep looking."

Opals sky bison, Juicy landed in the forested area's outside Zaofu and everyone got off. Bolin made this grate pledge to repair their love, they're meaning his and Opal's, and Lin had enough. She got between the lovebirds and pushed Bolin back.

"Stick a sock in it," she snarled. "Now. The ride in was bad enough, and I don't want any more of it." At the edge of the forest, there was an opening that led into a steep drop down the mountainside, everyone knelt there to look. Lin looked though a spyglass, telling everyone what she saw. There was a whole bunch of troops pretty much everywhere, and they wouldn't be able to get in unnoticed.

"The only way to find them is if we go in," Ally turned to stand up and felt footsteps behind her, familiar footsteps.

"I wouldn't bother if I were you," Toph came out from the forest with her hands behind her back. Lin stood up and a half-smile came to her lips.

"Umm, hi there, chief," she stammered.

"Hello, chief," Toph replied.

"Oh my gosh, Grandma Toph!" Opal exclaimed. She ran up to her grandmother and gave her a hug.

"You've grown quite a bit," Toph chuckled.

"Oh my goodness, is this real?" Bolin exclaimed, jumping up and down. Lin facepalmed and Ally had to stifle a laugh.

"What?" Toph asked. "Have an elbow leech attached to you?"

"No, you've been my hero for so long!" Bolin burst out. "I'm Bolin, and I'm sorta, kinda, maybe dating Opal!"

"Okay, is there something wrong with him?" Toph said snarkily. "Whatever, I checked the city for Su a couple of times and there's a rumor going around that they got moved to a camp nearby."

"Bolin," Opal put her hands on her hips. "Any idea where that would be?'

"There's a reeducation camp a few miles from here," Bolin said sheepishly.

"Of all people," Toph grumbled. "Might I ask how you know?"

"Well, Bolin used to, USED TO, grandma," Ally stammered. "He used to work for Kuvira's army."

"Opal, why are you dating this dipstick?" Toph asked.

"Let's just say it isn't his words," Lin and Toph walked back towards Juicy, and Toph almost had a heart attack.

"This thing stinks," she told Opal. She got onto the saddle and they flew to the prison camp near the city, flying over an abandoned village on the way.

"So when did you two last talk?" Bolin inquired, direcintg the question at Lin and Toph.

"A few years," Toph chuckled. Lin was sitting next to her mother, with her arms crossed, her walls were up and she was on the defensive.

"Mom," Ally unpried her moms arms and held her hand, trying to relieve some of the built up tension.

"It's been 20 years," Lin snapped.

"Oh, relax," Toph sighed. "When you're as old as I am, time flies for you. But I'm surprised you're here, and here to save Su none the less. I thought you two were basically rivals."

"We worked things out," Lin told her mother, her tone cold.

"Oh, good, glad we've all worked things out," Toph leaned back in juicy's saddle and closed her eyes.