C H A P T E R 0 5 | T R A N S L A T E D |

R A I N pelted harshly on the windows in the middle of the night

R A I N pelted harshly on the windows in the middle of the night. Hoor, who had been engrossed in her prayers, stood up from the prayer mat abruptly. Running out of her small room, her feet carried her to the rooftop at the speed of a Cheetah. The soles slapping on the cemented floors.

As the laundry had been done late in the evening, the clothes had not dried and not believing the weather forecast, had been left hanging overnight to fully dry. However, the bone dry weather had turned into a full blown fiasco. She was completely drenched in rain within a few seconds. Ignoring the chill however, Hoor continued to pile the large amount of clothing on her shoulder.

Due to the water that had been absorbed by them, Hoor began to feel a dull ache in her shoulder. Coming downstairs, into her room, she placed them into the corner, spreading them out so that they will dry overnight. Then changing out of her own clothes, she used a worn out towel to dry her body and change into a black shalwar suit. [Traditional wear]

Laying down on her thin straw bed, Hoor took the thin duvet over her body and turned to her right side. Reciting Aayat-ul-Kursi [a Quranic verse, recited for protection] she blew it on herself and on her bedroom walls, she closed her heavy eyelids.

The tightness of her muscles and strained eyes all relaxed as she finally got sometime to take some down time. Hoor sighed as the ache became uncomfortable. What she would give to just have a soft feather bed for one day.
As soon as her lids fell atop the each other and the lashes collided with each other, Hoor lost conscious. Falling into a deep sleep.

K A M A L H O M E, D H A, L H R
●●●●¤¤●●●●

SENSITIVE CONTENT
_________________________

Mustafa lay in bed. Surrounded by silence. The downpour outside soothed his nerve a bit. The nature could withstand such havoc and yet man was so weak that their fragility really made him question their position as Ashraf-al-Makhlooq [the best of the creatures]. His heart was burdened day in and day out.

As a person, the thing his heart most desired was love. Unfortunately, he was different and so was deemed unworthy of love. He sometimes like to sit and wonder how it would feel to have feet that could actually support his weight and cause him to walk to and fro. He thought about how it felt like to run freely in the meadows. His brain made him imagine all sorts of scenarios. How it would be like for a woman to love him. Kiss him, caress him and support him unconditionally.

Unfortunately, the rational part of him would always end up winning. Constantly shouting at him
"MUSTAFA you are paralysed. No one wants a man who can not walk with them in a mall. Take a stroll with them in a park. You need a lot of care. No one looks for a man to be his nurse" .
It was thoughts like these that did not do wonders for his mental health.