CHAPTER 27

Emma's POV:

After I slapped him he stood there shocked for few minutes and I silently let my tears in relief seeing that he is fine.

"What was that for?" Asher asked as if I have gone mad.

I glared at him and that shut him up.

I moved closer to him and hugged him tight afraid he would disappear suddenly again.

"I am sorry Emma. Don't cry" he said rubbing my back till I calmed down.

We sat down on the cliff where I found him silently for few minutes by just looking at the sea on the far.

"So how did you find me here?" Asher asked looking at me.

I took out my notepad and wrote "Shane" on it to which he nodded in reply.

What really happened was after trying all the possibilities I called Maya and asked her in the video call to ask Shane if he would know where Asher might be when he is angry and wants to be alone.

Maya immediately asked Shane who was beside her. He took the phone from her and told me about this cliff.

I came to check if he will be here as my last resort and when I saw him all my anger came out from the frustration I felt by not being able to reach him for the past few hours resulting in me slapping him .

"I am sorry" Asher said looking down not meeting my eyes.

I looked at him confused.

This time he took my hand in his and "I am the reason that you got kidnapped. I am the reason you have nightmares. I am sure as hell that I am the reason you lost your voice" he said in a low voice.

I moved closer to him and hugged him when I felt a lone tear on my shoulder.

"I don't deserve you after what happened to you because of me and my family" Asher said this time hurt evident in his voice.

I let him go and gestured him "You are not. I remember what happened then and I don't regret meeting you then or even now"

He stayed silent and I know he is still blaming himself.

I moved closer and kissed his cheek letting him know I am still here.

"So what really happened in the past?" Asher asked looking at me now.

"Let us go home first and I will tell you everything" I gestured at him and he nodded.

We made our way to his car and Asher called Trevor to let him know he could leave.

The car ride was silent not even the radio was playing with just both of us thinking about what happened in the day.

When we reached home he went up to our room to get fresh and I went to the kitchen to set everything for dinner.

He came down and took his place at the dining table while I sat beside him and we had our dinner with the same silence as before.

After dinner we went to our room and I changed into my comfortable clothes while he sat on the bed waiting for me.

When I came out of the closet I went near him and sat beside him while he held me closer making me sit on his lap and put his head on my shoulder giving me slight neck kisses now and then.

"So what really happened all those years ago?" Asher asked still resting his head on my shoulder.

I tried to move from his lap so I could get my notepad and pen when I felt him bring me closer to him holding me tight.

I turned to him and gestured "I need my notepad and pen" to which he nodded and let go of me.

After grabbing them from the night stand beside me I started writing everything I remembered as I can't gesture him the whole incident clearly.

I gave him my notepad after writing everything. When he read the whole thing at the end he ended up rubbing near his shoulder.

I moved closer to him and asked looked at his scar which is very light. We should put more concentration to see the scar as it has been so many years.

There was silence for few minutes with us just staring at the scar and I could see hurt in his eyes when he looked at me and I exactly know what he was thinking.

I went and sat on his lap and kissed his scar. He looked down at me while I looked up at him into his eyes which showed how much he was affected by everything.

He slowly bent down and pressed his lips on mine. I put my arms around his neck and he deepened the kiss leaving me breathless in the end.

He put his forehead on mine and we sat there for few minutes taking in each other's presence.

I was the first one to move away and gestured him "Thank you"

"For what? Rather you should be angry on me and my family for all the things you went through just because you were with us" Asher said this time looking at me confused.

"For taking the shot for me" I gestured pointing to his shoulder.

"You should never be thankful for that baby. I will do anything even taking the bullet again for you" he said kissing my forehead.

"I am sorry" he said for the second time tonight and I looked up at him confused this time.

"For not remembering anything" he said looking at me to which I shook my head.

"It's okay" I gestured and rubbed his cheek in assurance and added "But this here remembers me, which is the reason you couldn't see me in pain from the beginning" pointing at his heart with a bright smile.

"After all you have been the only one Mrs.King" he said with a wink.

I smiled at him and rest my head on his chest closing my eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note

Thankyou readers! For reading this book.

Please do comment and vote

Lots of Love <3<3 :*