10 || Double HeartBreak

Possibility - Lykke Li

Olivia's P.O.V

I threw my duffle bag on the bed and sighed. Is this what my love has come to? Complete nothing! I frowned. I actually saw something with him or maybe it was just a figment of my imagination. I exited the room and went to go find my mom. I would've expected her to be sitting in her chair in the living room but she wasn't. I then went into the kitchen still nowhere to be found. Where is my mother?

I pulled out my phone to call her. Her phone rang from inside the house. I followed the sound to the bedroom. Okay, if she left somewhere why'd she leave her phone? I furrowed my eyebrows together. I started to become worried. I know I haven't called her in about 2 days but I need to know where she is.

It clicked in my mind that I didn't check the bathroom. Maybe she was showering or something. I plastered a smile across my face, I couldn't wait to hug her and tell her everything. I opened the bathroom door.

-----------------------

When the door swung open, I turned to the side. The smile dropped from my face and I nearly fell to my knees. My heart felt like it stopped. This time I actually fell to my knees. I screamed out in pain. "MOMMY!" I tried to hold her body. She was cold and lifeless. The blood on the floor was dry/wet and tacky and her wrists were slit. She was naked and the water her body was in was a tinted red and it was cold.

"It's okay mommy! It's okay! Just come back to me!" My cries erupted through the small apartment. I tried my best to pull her body out of the tub. The water splashing onto the floor made it hard because I kept slipping.

"No! God please no!" I screamed more. I just couldn't believe this. Why me? I left her body in the tub and ran over to my bed for my phone. I quickly died 911 telling them to hurry.

I didn't care about the blood and I rested my face onto her body. Crying into her cold skin. I rubbed her head and whispered "I love you." I swear I heard her whisper it back. The police knocked on the door. I told them come in. I wasn't leaving my mother alone. My chest hurled with so much pain. A double heartbreak but my mothers death was the worst.

The medics with the stretcher came, picked up her body and placed her in a black body bag and zipped it up. The police then led me out the bathroom and started to question me. I tried to tell them everything I know in my state of mind. They left soon after and I went back into the bathroom. I rested the side of my face on the edge of the tub. Tears dripping down.

----------------------------

4 days passed by and I was in my mothers bed facing the wall. It still smelt like her. My neighbors left little food gift basket outside my door and that's what I've been surviving on. Little notes saying sorry for your loss she was a great part of the community. I haven't received the money from Zion yet so I couldn't even give my mother a proper burial. The coroner said my mother died from pill overdose. Not even from slitting her wrist. I had them cremate her and put into an urn.

Her ashes were supposed to be delivered today so I was waiting on that. I contemplated on killing myself too because of this. I felt worthless. If I was here she probably would still be alive. She didn't even write a suicide note. I grabbed her phone and went through her pictures. Told everyone in her contacts she passed. Went through her notes for her passcodes for her emails and stuff and saw the most heartbreaking thing.

Her suicide note. As I read, I broke into tears more. I almost choked on my sobs. Her final words were the most painful ever. I never knew she felt this way. What really struck me out of the note was that...

"I'm not needed in this world anymore. Not today, Not yesterday, Not Tomorrow. It's time that I end this sorrow. This is to my babygirl I love you so much. I'm happy you found a good profession. I've been depressed before giving birth to you guys. I found joy for a short while after you guys births but quickly fell back when Jerry died. Olivia baby, mommy needs some rest now. I love you so much."

I read the note in her voice. My tears fell on her phone screen. I miss her so much to the point it hurts.I laid down and cried more into her pillow.

I heard a knock on the door, wiped my tears and got up from the bed. Must be my mother. I put a small smile on my face. I opened the door, ready to sign whatever and get my mom. But it wasn't the delivery man. It was the face that I least wanted to see.

"W-what are you doing here." I asked him. He had my mothers urn in his hand and a piece of paper. "Well I wanted to give you your check in person because I missed you. Honestly. And a delivery guy gave this to me."

I grabbed my mothers urn from him gently and put her on the counter. "Who's the urn for?" he pointed and asked me. He also "It's my mothers." His face seemed to become confused and I almost started to cry. He pulled me into his grasp and held me. I let myself fall into the comfort and cry into his chest. We stood there rocking back and forth.

/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/--//-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-///-/-//-

A/N

Hi guys! I HOPE YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER! Yes it is very sad! Let me know what you think in the comments ! VOTE, FOLLOW AND SHARE :)