Rising Up

Eislyn P.O.V.

I check the gun to see that there a bullets inside. I'm not going to kill anyone, but you never know when you might need them. If Mikeal comes for me, I want to make sure I'm prepared. One month of intense training for eight hours a day, goes a long way. 

Okay, I can now scare the guards shitless. 

Wait. This room connects to the bathroom which connects to my old room. What if I could bypass the guards by creating a distraction in here while I run through the bathroom and out my old bedroom? I mean, that could work. But how am I possibly going to get all four guards in here at the same time and long enough for me to run?

Oh, wait. I have a gun. 

I have one chance at this. I take a deep breath, aiming for Dagger's back wall behind his bed. That's thick enough for the bullet to not go all the way through if I'm back for enough. I back away, opening the bathroom door, and I walk backwards into it. Still not far enough. I open the other door to my bedroom. 

A hushed scream is heard, and I turn to see Marcie sitting quietly on the bed. I smile but place a finger over my lips. 

"Before you shoot, tell me what's going on."

"Dagger handcuffed me in his bedroom to try and keep from information that'll help me survive a guy named Mikeal wanting to challenge him for me. That's all the details I really know."

"Shoot the hell out of his room."

I chuckle lightly. 

"I have more important matter at hand. Like barging into the 'hustle' meeting their having downstairs."

"You can't go in there."

"I'm not asking for permission. I deserve to know what's going on, and if no one's volunteering to cooperate me, I'm going to force them to. I'm over being stuck and trapped in the darK."

"I liked you, but now I really love you."

"Let's blow this popsicle stand."

And with that, I shoot three bullets into the wall behind the bed. As soon as I see four heads enter the room, Marcie and I burst out of the other bedroom. We race down the stairs and eventually make our way to the conference room door. Two guards stand in front. 

"Make it easy for me, just move."

"I'm sorry Miss Rose. We can't do that."

"Are you sure, you can't? Not even for me."

"I'm sorry."

"Well, then I am too."

I quickly knee the one in the stomach, uppercutting him with my head. I hear bones crack, and I figure it's his jaw. I kick him once harshly in the balls, and he falls to the ground groaning. I look to my left to see the other guard with his hands in a surrendering position. 

"I don't want any trouble."

"Thank you. Make sure your friend over here is tended to."

I slam the butt of the gun into the door, and the wood cracks. I punch a hole wide enough for me to stick my hand through, and I swiftly unlock the door. With pizzazz, I push the door open to see wide eyes and mouth dropped men staring at me. 

"Why, hello boys. I think it's time that a woman had a little control around here."

A man I don't recognize stands up, slamming his hand on the table.

"Women aren't allowed in a hustle meeting!"

"What's your name?"

"Keith."

"Well, Keith...here's new flash. I don't care."

"Fuck you!"

I aim the still loaded gun at Keith's dick. 

"If you still want your balls to work, I would sit your ass down."

With a scared squeak, Keith sits back down in his chair, shutting his mouth. That's probably the smartest thing he's done all his life. I scan the rest of the room to see that the men are still completely taken aback. I stare into Dagger's eyes that hold regret and love, but I ignore him. 

"Does anyone else have any objections to me running this mother fucking meeting?! If you do, speak now! Last chance!"