chapter 9

Isaac POV:

"Do you think the dress looks better on me or not?" Gemma swapped her outfit for the millionth time. I think I had dozed off a few times, but she'd been so preoccupied, she hadn't noticed.

"You never wear dresses." I pointed out, laying sprawled out on her bed.

"That's not the point." She stayed still, waiting for my judgement.

"Just go naked, he'll love that." I joked, but she didn't laugh. At all. "You're no help." Was what she said instead.

"Alright, I was just joking. Wear the first outfit, the skirt one. It looked good." I suggested.

She assessed the first outfit, thinking to take my suggestion or not, then decided I was right, and started changing.

I yawned again when the doorbell rang, fuelling all my energy back, "He's here." I announced, running down the stairs to get the door. "Don't open the door yet!" Gemma screamed from upstairs.

I opened the door.

"Hey Gem-" He looked up, realising it was just me. "Oh I didn't know you'd be here."

"Yeah neither." He glanced away, so I took this chance to check out his outfit. He wore a white, long sleeved suit top, paired with black suit trousers. "You cleaned up well." I teased him, getting a smile from him.

"I'm here." Gemma called out from behind. She came and stood next to me, not showing much sign of being nervous like before. Like I had suggested, she had decided to wear the skirt, and she looked amazing.

I didn't want to get in the way of their conversation, so I said my goodbyes to both of them, and drove home to do some studying.

I know right, what a nerd.

But I needed to keep my grades up, one of the things I had going for me.

"Isaac, I made lasagne for dinner, come eat." My mom welcomed me in.

I went to the kitchen, surprised to see both my mom and dad sitting down already. I took my plate, then sat down.

"How's school?" My mom started the conversation.

Wait... this was a miracle. What if this wasn't actually my mom?

"Um good. I've been top in basically all of them."

"Zavier was telling me about his achievements."

And there it was.

The legendary Zavier, making his way into the conversation without even being there. She carried on talking about Zavier's achievements for God knows how long, barely stopping to take a breath.

She was obsessed.

"Thanks for the food." I put my plate away, not wanting to hear another word about Zavier.

Mom nodded, then turned her attention to Dad, starting a one way conversation with him.

I ran upstairs and took out my books, placing them on my desk to get ready to study.

I wondered how Gemma and Harrison were doing. Hopefully good. A text message notification interrupted me from my thoughts, checking to see a message from Jax.

Chax🍃: yo dude wya

🤓: what is it

Chax🍃: a man can't text his friend w/out needing a reason?

🤓 : shit up lmao what is it

🤓: * shut