21: Closer Than You Think

After talking for about an hour we decided to call it a night

After talking for about an hour we decided to call it a night. Derek and Ridge were fighting about who gets to sleep with me, in my tent, I mean. In the end, Carson and I were the ones sharing the tent, leaving Derek and Ridge together.

"Let's see who can finish setting up their tent first," Derek challenges me and Carson.

An hour later me and Carson were drinking hot coco, already done with setting up our tent, while Ridge and Derek were still trying to set theirs up.

Keyword: Trying.

"You take the left side, I take the right," Derek says.

"But there's twice as many poles and loops on the left," Ridge says.

"I know how to count, Ridge."

They start building up their fort again somehow, with zero coordination.

"It goes here," Ridge says.

"Yeah, if you don't mind sleeping in a coffin a few hours later," Derek says, taking the pole away from his hand.

"How can we possibly die even if the tent doesn't hold up?" Ridge nudges him.

"By shortage of oxygen, an allergic reaction to the low quality cloth used in the tent, by being in the breathing distance with a tool," Derek says.

"Oh Sorry, I almost forgot about your baby sensitive skin," Ridge says.

"Skin sensitivity is not a joke," Derek nudges Ridge.

"Neither is lip sensitivity, specially when you're sleeping with your former snog buddy," Carson says and we laughed at them both.

"You've to let it go," Ridge says to us.

"I'll never let go, Jack. I'll never let go," Carson says in a dramatic Titanic manner.

After hours of trying Ridge and Derek had finally made something that looked like a tent. Their tent looked like a broken dream, a crippled old man or Crash and Eddie from 'Ice Age' just after a fall.

"I would just like to compliment how your tent looks so energetic," Carson says.

"Energetic? What do you mean by that?" Ridge raises an eyebrow.

"I don't know, Energetic like the sloths from zootopia, like Muriel from the suite life of Zack and Cody or Chandler and Joey on their leather armchair day," Carson says.