(Chapter 4) The Cat

Y/n P.O.V

The rest of the day went by pretty quickly. Nothing much happened apart from Travis getting hit in the face with a volleyball by Katelyn. Yeah I ship it. I had a few more Lucinda related incidents and by that I head I kept getting distracted and walking into things. Annoyingly though I never actually saw her after our encounter earlier. Probably for the best, I still have no idea how to approach her, though even if I did I'd still probably be a mess. Anyway here I am, having just finished my last lesson for the day and just received a text from mom saying she's just outside the school.

"Hey baby sister" Garroth shouts. He'd just come outside, where I was, with Laurance.

"A month Garroth, only one month" I reply annoyed by Garroth though at this point I guess I'm used to it.

"Hey Y/n" Laurance says.

"Sup"

"So you and Lucinda then?" Laurance says with a devilish smirk.

"What me? Lucinda? There's nothing going on there" I reply nervously.

"Lucinda? What does Lucinda have to do with anything?" Garroth butts in.

"I saw the way you looked at her" He says completely ignoring Garroth.

"Shut up Laurance" I say starting to get annoyed.

"Look? What look? What happened?" Garroth questions again?

"You two were kinda cute together. Are you gonna go after her?" If it was possible Laurance's smirk grows even larger and at this point I'm both flustered and pissed.

"I.....I don't know. Just shut up" I shout.

"Can you two both just stop and explain what the hell you two are talking about?" Garroth shouts.

"..."

"..."

"Well basically there's this girl" Laurance chirps.

"Shut up Laurance!" I shout. "Garroth we're going, moms waiting for us"

"But?"

"No buts, we're going" I say as I drag Garroth off.

As we reach the car. Mom and Vylad greet us and Zane, in his own special way. Mom starts talking about how her and Garte are going on a business trip for the weekend and me and Garroth with be in charge. And then out the corner of my eye I see him. And I start to panic. I rush everyone into the car before he notices me and before I knew it we were on the road. Mainly thanks to mom, she could tell that some was up and thought it best to just go with it and ask questions later. She's the best like that.

Soon after we got home and I headed straight to my room completely ignoring Garte who said "Hi" to me. I would have liked to reply but I was just not in the mood. As I open the door the stress takes over. I end up slamming the door behind me and jumping straight into bed.

Garroth P.O.V

"Okay so you 3 behave, we'll be back on Monday." Mom says.

"Don't cause too much trouble" Dad chirps in.

"Love you all" Mom and Dad both say.

"Byeeee" We all say as Mom and Dad both leave. And when I say all I mean me, Zane and Vylad. Y/n just ran straight upstairs for some reason. I better go check on her.

As I start to go upstairs, I see the flash of lighting and the crack of thunder. Oh no. I start running upstairs towards Y/n's room. I waste no time knocking and immediately see no sign of Y/n.

As I walk around the room I start to notice signs of a struggle. Eventually I make my way over to the desk and see two small F/c (favourite colour) eyes in the darkness under the desk. I open up my arms and slowly the once scared eyes look less frightened and more, safe.

After a short amount of time, she inches her way closer and soon I can make out the black cat more clearly. The F/c tips on her paws, ears and tail become more vibrant as the light hits them, and soon enough the black cat buries herself in my arms, seeking comfort from the storm. She's so cute when she's like this.

Once she's calmed down and feels more comfortable, she hops out my arms, up into her bed and soon a lump grows under the covers and the familiar black and F/c tipped ears and tail pop out of the bed.

"Y/n. Are you okay?" I ask.

"Can you come here?" A soft voice reply's. Barely audible to anyone as she has her face stuffed into her pillow.

I walk over and stand next to her bed. As she pulls away the covers from my side, it's clear what she wants. I happily respond and crawl into bed only to be quickly engulfed in a hug. Her face buried in my chest and arms tightly wrapped around my back. I slowly wrap my arms around her as to not frighten her anymore.

As the thunder cracks once again outside, I feel her flinch and hold me tighter. So I move my hand up and start stroking her head gently while humming. I've seen Mom do it when ever Y/n's Astraphobia acts up. She's always been afraid of lightning for as long as I can remember. Well storms, lightning and thunder to be exact.

"Sorry you had to see that" she says quietly.

"What are you sorry for?" I ask still comforting her as best as I can.

"For literally seeing me as a frightened cat. It's kinda embarrassing"

"It's okay, I know you have no control over it" I say trying to comfort her. "It's really cool that you're a Neko"

"Oh yeah it's really cool that I'm more cat than meif'wa and have the ability to turn into a cat" she says growing louder and chippier than before and she starts to slightly pull away from me. "It's totally not inconvenient that sometimes I can't control when I shift and end up stuck as a cat when I don't want to be. I mean do you have any idea how annoying it......"

The crack of thunder cuts her off and she quickly buries herself back into my chest and I can't help but let out a small laugh when she does so.

"Hey" Y/n says, clearly annoyed.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry. It's just really cute when you act like this" I say still laughing slightly.

"Garroth" She says softly.

"Yes?"

"Can you stay her tonight?" She pleads.

"Oh course"

"You two wanna join us?" Y/n says as she looks towards her door. Only for it to open slowly revealing Zane and Vylad standing in the door way.

"I suppose I would be willing to" Zane says reluctantly, though I can tell he wants to.

"I'll grab a DVD player, we could make it a movie night" Vylad shouts as he rushes downstairs in search of a DVD player and a good movie to watch.

"I'll go make some popcorn" I say as I start to get up and walk out the room. As I do I see Zane and Y/n comforting each other in bed waiting for movie night to begin.

==================================================================================

Hi PTH here

So yeah another chapter done. If you didn't understand want was going on at the end there, basically Y/n is a Neko which is basically a meif'wa that acts more like a cat and can shift into a cat. Also Y/n has astraphobia which is a fear of lightning and thunder.

Goodbye and goodnight
Thanks for reading