5.14

*unedited*

Sun Hui stood beside Hou Feng, his left eye twitching erratically as he watched a certain someone enter the prison in chains.

What the fuck happened? That seemed to be the only thought running through his mind ever since Hou Feng got off that call. Sun Hui was having trouble figuring out why the Hell Wu Gang went deviant all of the sudden. In the plot, Wu Gang lived his lifestyle for the rest of the storyline as the world moved on and Yang Bo suffered. When Sun Hui scrolled through his AI 006, he found nothing beyond the plot saying anything about what happened to Wu Gang, and nothing saying he ever went to prison. And from what he overheard from Xu Shen, Wu Gang wasn't even in the same criminal organization as he was in the original plot. So did that mean Wu Gang was somehow a lost transmigrator too? Or was the culprit within the new gang that took him on?

Even though Hou Feng was unaware of the change, Sun Hui could tell Hou Feng felt on edge with the way he forced his smile and how his fists clenched by his side. He was just as annoyed by the sudden event. Sun Hui knew his husband sought control, and to suddenly be thrown off his guard totally unprepared was messing with that. And maybe, deep down where his soul resided, he could sense that something was amiss in this world similar to how Li Tai and Chen Bao could sense peculiarities. Li Tai was even still able to sense changes in the world when he was trapped in his unbreakable loophole, and Chen Bao was able to find Sun Hui with his soul reading abilities throughout the worlds in search of finding him again for his brother's sake.

Perhaps he should just give this the benefit of the doubt. After all, Wu Gang was going to prison and Yang Bo was being freed. He also found true love and was now able to marry Hou Feng without any judgement of their illegal, forbidden, tabooed relationship. That's all of the wishes down for Yang Bo, right? He should be happy, he should be relieved he didn't have to do much work, and he should spend the rest of this life with Hou Feng reforming the prison as a happy married couple. The end.

Right?

So why did he feel so...off? As if it shouldn't be this easy, that they shouldn't be off the hook yet, that the plot was far from over and that he was far from being happy.

Wu Gang was escorted by guards (probably from the police station that held him captive for the transport) down a narrowed stone path leading to the entrance of the prison. The prison guards were all lined up alongside the path in a military stance as Wu Gang was brought down.

When the guards stopped in front of Hou Feng, they saluted each other in respect. "Warden Hou, sir!"

Sun Hui spotted cameras and reporters not too far away recording the scene. The crime wasn't big news, but all crime was generally reported and recorded for filing purposes and all crime was typically written down later to read in articles once the information was released to the public.

"Bring him in," Hou Feng ordered, but not without sending a glare towards Wu Gang.

Wu Gang felt a shiver go up his spine at the coldness, not knowing what he could possibly have done to offend the warden so soon. Passing on a nonchalant smirk and a lazy shrug, his gaze landed on the small, thin young man that stood next to the no nonsense looking warden.

Sun Hui was not impressed. Wu Gang was a young man who reeked of weed and had greasy hair. His eyes looked like he had recently just got down from a high. When he gave a smile in his direction, his teeth were yellowed and in need of braces. Clearly he wasn't hygienic. What did Yang Bo possibly see in this guy? Hou Feng was way hotter! Then again, he was biased. Hu Boqin was handsome, too. And his brother always caught a lady's eye. There were so much better looking people to choose from than this guy!