FOUR

WHEN morning came Salazar found himself stuck in between two sons, an old man and a nervous woman. Chief Hopper was an intimidating man with far too much pent up angst radiating off of him in waves that began with his disturbing facial hair. Salazar fought back the urge to roll his eyes at the man's scrutinizing eyes, he may be evil but he wouldn't try to pull anything at a crucial moment like this one. 

If Salazar wanted nothing to do with Hilda and Zelda he'd have to play his part well. Finally, after minutes of glowering at Salazar Chief Hopper sighed and leaned forward in his seat clasping his hands together and looking directly into the seemingly young man's eyes. Salazar couldn't help but wonder if everyone in this town looked so dead and boring.

"If we're going to be able to help you, you need to tell me everything." He stressed.

"My father kicked me out," Salazar started slowly with what he had told Joyce Byers, "I've managed this long on whatever I had saved up but even that didn't last long so I decided to come to Hawkins where my aunt lives but I got lost and ran into Ms. Byers."

He just needed to now find an aunt, but those were the little details he waved off. 

"Hm," Hopper responded rubbing his chin, "Do you have any way to contact her?"

Salazar grinned impishly and shrugged fighting a wince when he almost dislocated his shoulder, "I've got no phone I was going off of an address."

If he did everything properly, the old house he had in Hawkins would look brand new and livable. He didn't need to complicate things by trying to conjure a new place to live in if his 150-year-old barely standing house could be salvaged. Rumaging in his pockets Salazar pulled out a small card with a printed address that appeared out of nowhere.

"I'll give you a ride then, it'll help you from having trouble finding her again." The man concluded and took the card Salazar handed to him.

Moments like this made Salazar proud of his clairvoyance, always one step ahead, he snorted an internal laugh. In their exchange he hadn't paid any mind to Joyce's two children, if he had he would have noticed the far away look in Will's eyes. The child had been doing nothing but watching him but in a snap of a second he was brought back into the upside down, staring directly at the body who sat on the chair Salazar placed himself in.

The body turned in his direction, body the colour of blood and a giant set of horns that matched. A demon hound of hell, Will shivered in fear.

In no moments time, Hopper stood from his seat and turned to face Joyce, "I'll take him to the home, don't worry" He added the last bit when he noticed how hard she was biting her nail while looking at the teen's bruised face.

"Thank you for your help," Salazar called out masking his voice in a show of thanks.

He hardly cared for her reply, too gitty at his plans being set in motion. The Chief would send him off to his aunt-less house where he'd have the freedom away from his pesky sisters, where he would be able to begin his plans to fully shove himself into the lives of those in Hawkins.

Zelda always did call him a leech.