Chapter Forty-Six

NOVA DIDN'T KNOW WHAT SHE WAS CAPABLE OF. But then again no one really knows until they are forced to push themselves. Would she be able to make the hard decisions when they arrived at her feet? Or would she crumble at the thought of danger. All Nova knew was that she had no choice but to be strong. If not for herself, then for Thor. Because no one believed in her more than the god did.

She thought of all of this on her way down to the grand hall. By then she could tell there was chaos in the air. Guards were running around with no sense of direction, Odin was no where to be seen, and Asgardian people were scattered. Word had definitely gotten out about the attack.

The only clear thing on Nova's mind was Thor. The longer she looked for him, the more worried she became. By then it was practically dawn, meaning the last sliver of opportunity was drawing to a close.

The woman stopped for a moment to catch her breath, the voices and bodies around her blurred together. Nova believed she would be too late to save him. The dark elves were almost upon them, with every intent to kill Thor.

Don't panic Nova, she told herself when she felt her body flickering with power. Just think.

She needed to warn him, assure he was clear headed before the attack came. She would never be able to live with herself if she let the kingdom fall. Especially if her last words to Thor were ones of anger.

Through her panicked breaths she heard loud noises erupting outside the palace. The shouting was followed by the sound of a structure collapsing. Asgardians around her screamed, Nova herself dropped to the ground covering her head with her hands. The ringing in her ear didn't stop until she felt a hand tug at her arm. Her stiff body was pulled up to her feet.

"Lady Nova, are you alright?"

Dalla's face finally came to focus as reality came crashing back to her. Nova Lee held her head tightly as if the sound of destruction pained her.

"I warned the guard my Lady, they were successful in protecting King Odin. Loki was able to hold the elves off as long as he could until they broke through the Bifrost. We need to take cover."

Nova shook her head quickly flashing her eyes around at the soldiers running to aid the men in battle.

"Thor," she breathed out when his red cape was no where to be seen, "I need to find Thor."

Dalla pulled Nova against a wall when a group of men with swords came tumbling through their path.

The blondes eyes were frantic, "I promised the Prince I would keep you away from danger. I cannot let you go after him."

Nova's head was finally cleared as she started back at the young girl with fierce determination.

"I'm sorry friend, but you can't stop me."

Nova Lee knew exactly where she would find the god. In the middle of the battle. She needed to make sure he knew something. She needed him to know the last moments in his beautiful realm were not wasted. Because she loved him. She loved him enough to abandon all hopes and dreams back on earth. To throw away all the basic prophecies of her life. To start a new dream, a new life with him.

She spotted his blonde locks from a few feet away. He was engrossed in a intense battle between two elves in armored clothing. Nova had never seen such unworldly creatures up close. They were terrifying.

Thor's muscle flexed as his hammer came down upon one of their arms. His hair dripped sweat upon his forehead. The sight of blood on his chin made the girl worry. When he managed to get one dark elf down another approached him.

Nova didn't know what it is that she could do. She couldn't fight, for her knew her lessons with the avengers were short lived. But she also couldn't watch Thor battle these creatures alone. She felt helpless, as usual. So utterly pathetic in a world so vast and powerful.

Nova Lee jolted when she felt a hand on her shoulder pulling her away from the scene. She raised her hand as if to slap the intruder.

The man with the dark hair raised his hands in surrender, "watch it vicious girl."

Nova placed her hand on her heart, "god Loki you scared me! I thought you were an elf coming to kill me."

Loki have her a stern look, "exactly why you shouldn't be out here. Must you always have a death wish?"

Nova's eyebrows tilted down in concern as she let out a sigh, "I can't leave him."

Upon closer examination Nova could see the exhaustion in Loki's eyes. The troublesome brother, always fighting for contentment.

"Alright, alright. You're staying put then."

Nova smiled lightly despite the situation. She realized no matter what Loki would do anything to save his brother. She threw her arms around him quickly taking him by surprise.

"Thank you," she murmured into his hair.

Shocked, he reluctantly gave her a small pat on the shoulder before pulling her away. He stood composing himself and gave Nova one last look before heading toward fighting Thor. Because that's what you do for love. You head straight into the storm hoping that you won't get swept away.

———

leave some comments! this story is slowly coming to an end ☹️💗