sequel: chapter nine

Four weeks

Four weeks. Four lonely ass weeks. I've decided to rent out a room in a nearby hotel for a while. I haven't seen Jax once but it seemed like he was doing okay.

I mean why wouldn't he be okay.

Shut the hell up, he's hurting too.

You're right.

Yes, I have conversations with myself, don't judge me.

I figured out a schedule that didn't require Jax and me to interact with each other at all.

He takes the kids to school every morning which I enrolled Bodhi and Sol into daycare after I'd pick them up and bring them to the office with me. I bring them home and tuck them in while Jackie is also here. Once they're asleep I leave before he even gets home.

It sounds easy but it's really not.

After I leave them I go back to the office and work. I can't even sleep because every time I try to sleep I get nightmares. Nightmares about that day Jax was kidnapped. About me getting shot. I get memories of how I had to live without him raising three kids without their dad while attending college.

Yes, I had help from Jackie and Dylan which I was beyond grateful for but it's not the same.

I just want everything to go back to normal but when I think about normal and my life. Those two just don't go together well.

"Hey, mommy!" Journey, Sol, and Bodhi all say running towards me.

"Hey, babies." I kneeled down to hug them all.

"How was your day?"

"It was boring." Sol shrugs getting into the car.

"Why can't we go to work with you?" Bodhi asks with a frown.

"You need to go learn so you can be smart like Journey." I look over at Journey who holds a bright smile.

"I don't need to be smart." He crosses his arm.

"Oh trust me, yes you do. Go get in the car babe." I patted his butt.

"How was your day?" I pinched Journey's cheeks.

"It was okay." She sighed hugging me. "Are you okay mommy? You look tired."

"I'm okay. Don't worry about me." I kissed her cheek.

"Okay. I love you."

"I love you."

I buckled all my kids in. Today I didn't have to go to the office so instead, I drove them to the park.

We sat on the bench and I helped them with their homework. Once they were finished I let them go roam around making sure to watch them carefully.

"Hey, are you Brynn?" A soft voice spoke.