Chapter 24

"What's your name?" Chandler asks me, his voice changing slightly. It's a little weird how quickly he can change from Chandler to carl. He's a completely different person.

I stare at him for a second, debating whether or not to answer.
"Harley," I say coldly, and he shifts nervously.

"I'm Carl. What's going on, exactly?"

"My name is Harley Dixon," I answer with the same tone.

"Wait, so you're Daryl's...daughter?"

I glare at him, slowly looking at him up and down, finding his weapons, evaluating how I could take him down if I had to,and how long it would take. I'm looking at him like I'm trying to find his weakness, and I never let my guard down. I just keep completely still, staring at him kinda creepily.

"You'll be safe with us. I'm sure my dad will let you in the group," he tries, but when he realizes I don't want to talk, he just holds my stare until Rick and Daryl come back.

"That was great, Chandler. I think you have that down. Next scene?" I ask and he just sort of looks at me weird and nods. "What?" I ask him awkwardly.
"Nothing, you just are really good. I didn't think you could be creepy, but you really nailed that. I was honestly creeped out," he says, flipping his pages. Okay...
We go to our next scene together, when rick allows me into the group, and forces us to share a tent. Carl tries talking to me again.

"So what's your story?"
I sigh and turn to face him.

"My story?" I ask, annoyed.

"Yeah, where are you from, life before this, how long have you been on your own. You know," he says, and I shrug.

"Not much to tell. From just outside of Atlanta. Been on my own for about 6 months. Mom died a week before this started. That's it," I answer pretty vaguely, my voice emotionless. Hopefully he won't ask for more.

"How old are you?"

"I think I'm 15. Can I go to sleep now?" I ask rudely and he looks kind of offended and nods, turning around. I've trained myself to survive on 2 hours of sleep, and wake up early. I will wake up before anyone else and go hunting. Scene is over.

Now for the last scene with each other for this episode. It's dinner time, and I'm eating alone, away from everyone else. Carl comes over and sits next to me, and I become tense.

"You don't have to be on your own anymore, Harley," he says quietly. I glance at him out of the corner of my eye. "You're safe with us. You don't need to be so closed off," he continues when I don't answer.

"You just don't give up, do you?" I ask, giving him a weird look, and he smirks.

"I guess not. Friends?" He says, holding out a hand.

I look at it cautiously, then shake it. "Yeah. Why not," I smile a little and he grins. End of the scene. We go over each scene a couple more times.

"You're great, Chandler. I think you've got it down," I say, shaking off Harley and getting back to myself.
"Thank you, my dear. You are a lot better than I thought you would be," he says, grinning.
"You thought I would be terrible?" I ask, pretending to be offended.
"It's your first real acting job! You should not be that good," he answers and I blush.
"Thanks. Want to go do something? I think I've got my lines down," I ask hopefully. He nods immediately and is smile.
We end up going to the movies an seeing Guardians of the Galaxy, even though I have seen it twice already. It's a great movie, so I don't mind at all.
It's just us, as friends, and I have a great time. Of course I still have feelings for him, but I can put them aside. I have chosen to be with Zak, not Chandler. Maybe someday...