The Morning After

Author's Note: I absolutely adore this art from @nonbinary_star_comics on IG! They both look so cute!!!!

Ridley

I awoke to a gentle stream of sunlight pouring in through the window and my legs tangled with Vandel's. At my movement, the demon prince stirred beside me, his eyes slowly fluttering open. His dark hair was a ruffled mess from last night's...activities...and he cast me an easy smile as he groggily rubbed one eye.

"Good morning," he murmured, his voice still rough with sleep.

My cheeks grew warm at once. "G-Good morning."

Vandel grinned at me, rolling over on his side. "Oh don't look so modest after all those filthy things you did to me last night."

I buried my face in my hands in an attempt to hide the fact that my cheeks had gone bright red. "Please don't say it like that."

"Why not? That's what we did. Took us bloody long enough, don't you think?" He gave me a playful shove. "Just be glad I let you top without arguing. You're not going to get so lucky next time."

An even deeper flush swept over me. "N-Next time???"

"Next time you're not going to be able to walk the next day-"

"Ahhhh, Vandel!" I grabbed the pillow, burying my face in it. "Talking like that is so indecent."

Vandel snickered. "As if you're one to talk about being indecent after rawing my ass last night into oblivion-"

"Oh my God, please stop."

Vandel's tone slowly shifted now, propping himself up with one arm. "Hey...Ridley..."

"Yeah?"

"Did you really mean what you said last night?"

I stared at him, wide eyed. "About what?"

Vandel fidgeted awkwardly, his previous jabs and jokes clearly a cover for what had really been on his mind.

"Did you really mean it when you said you loved me?" His gaze darted from mine, a slight hesitancy in his voice. "I'd get it if you didn't. I mean...it was in the heat of the moment and-"