🌹Chapter 16🌹

Kayla's POV
Today was finally Saturday a day where I have the chance to sleep in and not be tired out by Mr Liam, but that just had to be ruined by Noah who at first woke me up earlier than usual for a Saturday morning and he just had to promise Evan that he would take him to the park which of course I had to go to because Evan apparently wanted me with him but I don't blame him I haven't had any time to spend with him ever since I got this job because by the time I'm back home I'm always so tired that I just hop in bed sometimes without even having dinner.

So here I was fully dressed,fed and ready to too by 8:00am because Evan wanted to spend a lot of time at the park so the earliest the better.Grabbing the basket I already filled with lunch and a couple of sandwiches and some bottled water I enter into the passenger seat having put Evan at the back with Noah at the driver seat.

Half way to the park I got tired of the silence so I turned on the radio immediately filling the car with Justin Bieber's song-Baby making Evan and I start singing and yelling at the top of our lungs to the song,seeing as we are such huge fan of Justin,making Noah cringe and a permanent scowl appeared on his face,serves him right for making me wake up early.

Once we arrived at the park Evan immediately came down rushing to the playground leaving me and a scowling Noah behind,moving over to the trunk I pull out the basket filled with food and blankets before pulling Noah with me to somewhere far enough for the noise not to disturb us but close enough for me to keep an eye on Evan, setting the blanket on the sand I lay down and open up a book immediately entering into the land of words and imaginations.

Feeling Noah plop down beside me I snuggle into him embracing his warmth.After about thirty minutes of reading I notice Noah is no longer lying beside me but is stuffing his face with my homemade sandwiches. Such a foodie!I look over at Evan and I see that he is still playing and from the smile on his face its very obvious that he is having so much fun.I wish Lilly was with us but Noah told me she could not come because she had to finish grading some tests before tomorrow,if she was here she would make me laugh unlike Noah here who is quite content with his food and cuddles.

Standing up I stretch my limbs before moving to Evan side tapping him he turns around and grins,smiling at him I take him back to where I am staying before giving him a sandwich and water knowing that he must be very hungry but just too excited with playing that he won't care.Smiling at me he begins to munch on the sandwich while I started looking around,already given up on the book as watching smiling faces of kids and parents seemed better than reading at the moment.

Seeing a girl on the swing and a woman who was presumably her mother pushed her with the girl giggling happily going up and down brought back memories of when my own mum brought me to a park with my father when I was about six years old and I went on every ride and we played till it was very late.That day will forever remain the best day in my life and it pains me that Evan barely knew who his mum and dad was and he didn't even get to create some happy memories with them.

Feeling a tap on my shoulder I shake my head to clear my thoughts before looking to see who it was and it was Evan asking me if he could go play again nodding my at him he stood up and ran back to the play section taking a turn for the swing.Zoning out again I remembered the day my parents died,how the news was broken to me and how distraught I felt knowing that I'd never be able to see them again.

Raising my head due yo a cry of pain from the playground I rushed scared that it may have been Evan, rushing over to the scene I see Evan on the floor with an injured knee who was been consoled by none other than Mrs Denise,Liam's mother.Going back to my area I searched the bag for the mini first aid kit thanking the gods that I found it taking it back I hand it over to Denise who seemed like she knew what she was doing.

After about ten minutes she had thoroughly cleaned the cut on his knee and put a band aid.Coming back to my sense I realized that sometime during the cleaning Noah had wrapped me in his arms and a small crowd had already gathered.Pulling Evan to my side I hugged the daylights out of him.I was totally scared even if it was just a bruise I was very terrified and I mentally thanked God that Noah was at my side comforting me because I was already crying.Cleaning my tears I proceed to thank Denise for helping Evan, realizing that she couldn't possibly be here alone I asked her who accompanied her and she said it was her son and decided to take me to him.

Trudging along with her with Noah and Evan by my side we finally reached the bench he was sitted on,making eye contact with him I hurriedly greeted him before looking down because he totally terrified me. Awkward silence immediately filled the atmosphere,Denise taking it upon herself decide to introduce Noah to Liam, not like Noah didn't already know who he was. After the introductions Noah stuck out his hand to be shaked but Liam totally ignored him and looked at his mother who was frowning at his actions and asked if she was ready to go home.

Nodding her head she beckoned at us to follow her into the car making Liam halt turning around to glare at his mother."Mum I said you not them"he said sneering at us at the end of his conversation making me flinch and saying"Thanks for offering but we can find our way back,we brought a car"I said and she nodded grabbing Evan's hand we walked back to where we packed the car,entering I shut the door and this time I didn't bother to turn on the radio for I was too busy with my thoughts and thankfully Noah didn't talk about what just transpired few moments ago.

Thirty minutes later the car came to a stop in the drive way with Noah waving goodbye at us I peck him on his cheek before hugging him and thanking him for today because despite what happened at the end of the day I thoroughly enjoyed today it was totally fun.Ruffling Evan's hair he walks away towards his apartment,inserting the key I open the door and grabbed an already sleeping Evan and layed him in his room. Poor boy he was probably tired from all the play.

Going over to my room I shed my clothes leaving me in my underwear before laying on the bed with only thoughts of Liam going through my head...Why was he mad?Was he mad at me,what did I do wrong?

What the hell is wrong with me!?

A/N
So how was it? Please vote if you liked it.
And also comment and share
Ciao.Peckie✌💖