For Him...?? (Chapter - 14)

Saanvika's POV

It's been 2 weeks since my engagement and the fact that I am gonna get married is slowly sinking in my brain and all my fears came up...... All these years, I have never thought of marriage, I always thought of different ways to avoid it, I didn't learn any chores as I was so sure I could avoid it all my life until a few weeks back..... What if I prove to be a terrible wife and daughter-in-law...... What if Alok uncle who loves me as his daughter starts hating me after marriage as I am not perfect? I am so clumsy and don't have any idea of handling a home. Ahh... Numerous what if's flew into my brain making it worse than a mental asylum...... I shook my head and went out to the cafeteria to get some coffee for myself as my head is pounding....... I sat at the corner table facing the windows as it's the most peaceful place in the whole office.

"Mind if I join ??", I heard a voice..... Ohh no, it's my boss..... All I wanted is to be alone..... Why God... Why did you send him here now  ??

"Of course not sir, please......", I said smiling politely toward him....... He sat opposite me with his coffee...

"Are you sure, you don't wanna take up the new client  ??", he asked me once again

"Yes sir", I answered politely, this is the nth time he is asking me that.

"But Saanvika, he is a very big client, a shareholder of a multi-specialty hospital..... I am offering you this because your client Dr. Rishi only referred our firm to him, so technically the credit goes to you, then why are you rejecting it, you'll be having a salary hike and also get incentives heavily", he asked...
This is what I like the most about him, Although he is very tough and strict, he is not a jealous boss who snatches his team members' credit..... He is a very genuine person and never fails to recognize one's hard work.

"I know sir, but right now, I don't wanna burden myself with more load, also I am getting married in a few months, so will be going on leave soon," I told him, though he already knew about my marriage.

"Saanvika, think about it again and tell me till tomorrow if you are worried about burdening yourself then I am here to help you, don't lose this chance", saying this he left leaving me perplexed......

I don't want to take up this client because Rishi referred it, I don't want to take his favors because I am not sure of his intentions yet..... I know it's been a couple of years since he proposed to me but still, I don't want to risk my self-respect, what if he referred this out of the feelings he had for me  ?? And not for my work  ?? I'll inform my boss tomorrow about my decision...... I care the least about money..... I have no needs or luxuries so my salary is more than enough for me...... The only expenditure I have is food, transportation, and loan EMI, apart from the amount I donate to the orphanages for their school fees...... Every year, I pay 10 children's school fees, it's my dream to start an orphanage in papa's name, and adopt and educate all the children who are in need...... According to papa, education is as necessary as food, water, shelter, and clothing...... He paid fees to many of his students who couldn't afford them, though we ourselves were in financial crisis...... that's why as soon as I joined the job, I started paying school fees to as many as I can afford, I started with 3 and gradually increased the number...... Maybe one day, I hope I could achieve my dream...... I dispersed my thoughts and walked towards my cabin...... 

After work, I reached my place, got freshened up, and made some poha as I'm not interested in cooking much...... after having dinner, I thought of calling Bipin Bhai to talk to him for a while, I can't take his anger, though he is wrong this time, I'll talk to him and make him understand..... He can't get angry with his sister for no fault of hers. I'm about to call Bhai but Vihaan's call interrupted me..... Vihaan, At this time ?? It's 10 past 11 at night..... usually, he wouldn't call me this late...... I took his call and talked for a while....... After good 20-30 minutes, we hung up...... this is the longest conversation we had on the phone...... He asked if I am free tomorrow for lunch and I agreed...... These days I talk more freely with Vihaan than ever...... still I need to open up more but don't know why I can't...... Seeing the time, I wished good night to Bipin Bhai on Whatsapp and went to bed..... He replied good night with an annoyed emoji...... I know, I asked if he is free to talk and then after 30 minutes, I messaged him good night..... anyone would be annoyed...... I didn't tell him the reason as I don't want to annoy him more than he already is...