seventeen

I took a sip of my depressingly virgin drink, examining my friends.

We had already been there for almost three hours. Derek was gridding on a bunch of girls on the dance floor, which looked tempting. Spencer was sitting at the bar with another guy who I hadn't know, spewing facts about God knows what.

Emily and Garcia were downing  shots, and Aaron was timing them to see who was faster. He grabbed his beer and took a large sip.

It was weird, seeing Aaron actually having a fun time in a bar. He was really letting loose, not being his usual bossy self.

Honestly, it was hot.

"Damn, Hotch! Slow down" Emily laughed, and Aaron basically giggled as well. My eyes went wide and I tried to hold back my own chuckles,

"I thought I was supposed to be having fun!" He was gone, at least six beers in. He turned to look at me, "Speaking of which," He slapped his hand onto mine, gripping it tightly, "Come on" He almost sounded like he was ordering me to, in which I responded with,

"Is that an order, sir?" He examined my face for a few moments,

He was fighting a shit eating grin, "Yes it is, Agent Gordon" My face turned a bright red.

Why was that just so fucking attractive?

As he pulled me towards the dance floor, I looked behind us. Penelope and Emily were hitting one another in excitement, trying hard to conceal their girly squeals. PG started repeatedly tapping Spencer shoulder as I turned back to look at Aaron, and after a moment, Spencer finally looked at her.

"Garcia! What is it!" He asked, his voice cracking. Emily pointed at the two of us, and he squinted.

"What? He's just bringing her towards the dance floor..." He slowly realized what he just said as he said it, and his eyes went wide. "Wow, he's bringing her to the dance floor!" He stated the obvious.

Once we reached the crowded area, he started dancing. Like, fell blown, dancing to the music. My jaw dropped as I let out a shocked laugh, "I thought you couldn't dance!" I said, starting to get into it too. He shook his head,

"I don't dance, I never said I couldn't" He corrected, and he was right. He never did say he couldn't, but instead that he just never did. That night in his office was sweet, the little dance party showed his silly side.

This was different, he could really move his body. It wasn't horrible, either. It was actually quite attractive, "Come on!" He pulled my closer, and he was right. I should be stepping it up. And so I did, a drunk Aaron Hotchner and I were partying together in a club.

It felt like a dream.

He slid his hands up my thighs, and they reached the bottom of my dress. I bit my lip, turning my body as I did so. I began to grind on him, his hands now on my hips.

"Yes, girl! Damn, fucking get it!" I heard Morgan call out, and I knew it was meant for me. I looked to my right in order to see Aaron out of the corner of my eye, who was so obviously enjoying himself. I smirked, turning back around as soon as the song ended.

I rested my arms on his shoulders, examining his face. His mouth was slightly open, his hair a slightly messy and his skin a little shiny from sweat.

Now that was hot.

Leaning closer, I said, "I know you want to kiss me" in almost a whisper. He nodded, his eyes landing directly on my dark red lips.

"You've got no idea" was his four worded response that he muttered back. Before I could respond, he suddenly let go of me. His eyes went wide and he took his phone out of his pocket. The two of us looked down at it, "Fuck" He was noticeably annoyed.

"Are you okay?" He glanced up at me,

"Haley called me three times" I narrowed my eyes at that statement. Why was she calling him? Right now? He took my hand and started dragging me away from the dance floor.

I wanted to groan.

Fucking Haley. They weren't even still together and she knew how to ruin it for me.

He pressed the phone to his ear as soon as we got out of the club, and I looked around for Brad. Once my eyes landed on him, I waved him down. We met halfway,

"He's got to make a call, make sure we can get back in" He nodded, going back to his post. I stepped back towards Hotch, who was... angry?

"Haley, you knew I was on a trip" He reminded, and then there was a pause. He scoffed, "What do you mean, am I drinking again? I haven't had a single drink in over two months" He squinted, "You act as if I have a problem" Oh no, here we go. I shook my head violently as my eyes went wide.

I shot him a kissy face, and then turned a little and pointed to my butt.

"Kiss ass" I mouthed. He just stared at me for a moment, he was listening to what Haley had to say.

"I'm not just with her, I'm with the entire team"

Her?

Was she talking about me?

He shook his head, "Haley you don't control the things I do, we aren't married anymore" I tried my hardest not to gasp, and my jaw dropped.

LOW blow.

"I'm hanging up on you now. If Jack wants to call me in the morning I'd be happy to talk to him. Goodnight, Haley" and then he hung up. I was so shocked, so completely and utterly confused at what I just witnessed.

Aaron... talking back to her?

He worshiped the ground that woman walked on, what was he thinking?

"Aaron, you're so going to regret that when you're sober" He didn't speak for a moment, he just scanned my face.

He stepped closer to me, cupping my left cheek with his hand. "Maybe, but I won't regret this"

And then he kissed me.