Chapter Thirty Four- Mine

Today was the first day of Preliminaries. The bus pulled up to where the Miyagi Qualifiers First Prelims would be taking place.

Everyone headed inside, the team finding a corner to sit in while they waited for their turn to play, while the three managers went to fill water bottles.

Tanaka leaned against the wall, his usual tough look on his face as he crossed his arms. As he was standing there, he couldn't help but overhear three boys talking about them nearby.

"Yeah, you don't want to mess with the guy on left there. You know, the one with the shaved head. I heard he's a power spiker or something." One of the boys said.

'Darn right I am.' Tanaka thought, smirking briefly, before returning his face back to an intimidating one. He continued to listen to what the boys were saying, until something they said pissed him off.

  "But the most important thing about Karasuno, is that their managers are all kinds of attractive. Especially the (h/c) haired one."

  "THAT'S MY GIRLFRIEND YOU IDIOTS!" Tanaka yelled, chasing after the three boys, who ran away in fear.

  Just after the three boys ran away, (Y/n) showed up, three water bottle holders in her arms. "What going on? Why do you look so pissed off Ryu?" The girl asked, setting the water bottles down on the ground.

  The moment she stood up however, she was wrapped in a protective hug. She looked up to see her boyfriend, who was looking around with a scowl on his face.

  "I just realized how many guys are here, and there's probably a good fraction of them that would want to take you from me." Tanaka explained.

  (Y/n) wiggled her arm from the boys tight hug, so she could pay him on the head. She smiled, talking in a serious, but slightly teasing tone. "You know I can protect myself. Right?"

  Looking down, Tanaka's scowl turned into a soft smile, one only a few people, including (Y/n) got to see. "Yeah you're right." He said.

  "Darn fuckin' right I am!" The girl exclaimed, reaching up to place a kiss on Tanaka's cheek. "That was a good luck kiss so you better win." She said, before wiggling out of the boys arms completely.

  "I don't think that was enough luck. Come back!" Tanaka cried, holding his arms out as the girl walked away to help some of the boys who were feeling sick.

  After everyone was feeling better, the team made their way down to the court they would be playing on.

  Their first opponent for the qualifications, would be  Ohgi Minami, and from the looks of it, most of their players were pretty tough.

  Two members in particular were sending "intimidating" looks, similar to Tanaka's, towards certain players, including Karasuno's very own delinquent.

  All of the stupid remarks the two were directing at Tanaka, were really pissing off (Y/n) for some reason.

  "Shaved heads are seriously lame. What do you have lice or something?" One of the boys called, finally pushing (Y/n) over the edge.

  "HEY THAT'S MY BOYFRIEND YOU NUMB SKULLS!" The girl yelled, waving her fist in the air. She would have chased after them had Kiyoko not held her back.

  The two boys ran away in fear, similar to the three boys Tanaka had yelled at.

  "AND I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I FIND HIS SHAVED HEAD! EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE!"

  Once (Y/n) had calmed down, Kiyoko let her go, laughing slightly. "You, and Tanaka are so similar sometimes." She observed, having been there during Tanaka's outburst earlier.

  "Yeah, I guess that's what makes us good for each other." (Y/n) replied, laughing as well.

  Just then, Yachi came up to the two. "(Y/n), we should probably head up to the bleachers now, before the game begins." She informed her upperclassmen, who nodded.

  They made their way up to the bleachers, finding a good place to watch. Let the game begin.
.
  The first set went by quickly, everyone focusing on the other teams moves, and their own. Asahi managed to get a bunch of his jump serves over the net, and everyone's spikes, and sets, and receives in top form.

  Hinata spiked the ball with a broad jump, winning the first set. "He's so cool! He jumped sideways!" A small boy that was standing beside (Y/n), and Yachi exclaimed.

  The boy, and his friend had come to watch with an older man, who (Y/n) later found was Coach Ukai's grandfather, and the old coach for Karasuno.

  "That was a broad jump. Hinata's been working on it for a while." (Y/n) told the boy, who looked up at her with wide eyes.

  "Woah, you're pretty!" He exclaimed in awe. "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, making girls eyes widen as well.

  She laughed, "Sorry buddy, but I already have a boyfriend, he's playing with Hinata down there." She said, pointing at Tanaka.

  The boy looked down in disappointment. "Oh, he's kinda scary." He said, looking over the railing, which he was just taller than. "Okay, but if you guys ever break up, will you be my girlfriend?" He asked.

  (Y/n) laughed again. "I don't think that's happening anytime soon, but sure." She said, not wanting to break the younger boy's heart.

  The boy smiled brightly. "YAY!"

  The match ended with Karasuno winning the second set by almost ten points. The team cleared off the court, (Y/n), and Yachi heading down to where the boys, and Kiyoko were.

"Okay guys, the next team we play is the winner of that match over there. I say we go watch the two teams to see what we'll be up against." Daichi suggested, the team nodding in agreement.

  They walked as a group towards the gym their next opponent, peeking inside through the metal doors.

  The boys were eating bananas, and drinking water to keep their energy up while they watched. Hinata, and Yachi were freaking out, seeing that there was a guy that was almost two metres on one of the teams.

  "You know, Tanaka looks good with a banana." Kiyoko said, only loud enough for (Y/n) to hear, whose head shot up.

  "KIYOKO!" She yelled, loud enough for some people nearby to give her weird looks. Kiyoko laughed, knowing that was how her friend would react.

  "I'm kidding. I just thought it would be fun to tease you, and it was!" Kiyoko explained in her usual calm tone.

  "Jeez don't do that to me. Makes me go into some kind of rage when people talk like that, or insult Ryu." (Y/n) replied. "He's my boyfriend, and it's going to stay that way for a long time."

———————————————————————————

  Y'all if you have Instagram you should really go follow lani_anne_ryuji. 😌

Hehe I mowed over a third of my yard for three and a half hours for 20 bucks, and my mom bought me clothes. Ah the perks of being the only child at home on chore days.