Crossing the Boundary

A young boy walked up to a summit of a mountain in the middle of the night. His glasses reflected the dimly lit roads leading to it, silently treading the bare and dreary road towards the summit. He could hear the hoots of the owls around him primarily because the mountain was detached from the noisy city. That's aside the fact that the road was barely visited since it only lead to the boy's goal, the house built on the summit.

What was in the house? Well, for him it was his goal, the fruition of power he longed for ever since he was rejected by his peers. After a few moments of walking, he reached a steep dusty trail and at the end of it was the house, its lights faintly glowing at the end of the road. The boy sweated profusely, not exactly because of fatigue or tiredness, but because of excitement after he felt the gripping terror in his heart when his eyes set on the house.

There were multiple thoughts to turn back, but he shook his head and steeled himself. "...for Gea..." He muttered to himself, taking another step forward, one after another until he finally reached the gates of the house. He was about to get closer to the gate but as he got closer, something slinked out the shadows in the side of the house. It was about 4 feet tall, had the face of a goat and fangs similar to a bat with floppy ears dropping on the side of its head. Its hind legs were larger in comparison to its stubby front legs but the most unnerving factor would be the fact that the legs are reversed, the sharp claws it had protruding down the back of the monster rather than the front. Its tail swayed playfully in the wind, emitting a very pungent odor that almost made the boy turn back. Both due to the fear of death and the gripping odor the creature exudes.

The boy looked it in the eye, its goat like pupils staring at him, the two of them locked in a long gaze. After a few moments the creature turned tail, jumping like a kangaroo when he entered the house. A man wearing a white t-shirt exited the house, smiling when he saw the boy outside the gate.

"Oh, so you were serious after all!" The man exclaimed, his pale yet gleeful complexion shining under the moonlight. The boy simply fixed his glasses, looking at the man beyond the gate that stopped him from getting what he desired. "I've never wanted anything other than it." He said in a stern tone, his face displaying a far more serious look.

"Tossing away humanity, for a single woman? That's grand, kid...but I commend your drive." The man replied, chuckling heartily after while he paced around the garden, slowly drawing closer and closer to the gate. "Let me in already!" The boy shouted, banging on the gate.

"Why of course...welcome home, kid." The man replied, walking to the gate and opening it, motioning for the boy to enter. The boy took a deep breath, entering the dimly lit household as the man closed the gate behind him. Although the man planned to scare him with the loud sound of the gate closing behind him, he was the one who felt the chills run down his spine. The boy, unlike their seasonal recruits, never turned back.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Reinheart's POV

I woke up with a start, breathing heavily while I clutched the blanket covering me. I placed my hand on my head, seemingly hung over about the events of last night. "Last night...I thought Gea killed me?" I said, remembering the hazy memories I had before I got knocked out.

I got out of bed, walking to my comfort room in order to check out whatever damage happened to me last night, after all, Gea did punch me in the face but when I saw my reflection in the mirror, it miraculously showed myself, fully intact and without a single scratch. "What?! I thought I'd be more ruffled up than usual?!" I said, gently touching my face to double check if I accidentally missed the injury, but there was nothing there!

Suddenly, I remembered what Gea said...asking me to forget about her. That's where I remembered what she did...she ate a heart. I felt my stomach retch and soon enough, I found myself vomiting on the sink. What was she?... I wanted to get to know her better...but now, It's like I wanted to wipe her away from my memory, forcefully if possible.