CHP 10

It's quiet.

It's a deafening silence.

Jimin is waiting in bed dreading for the moment he hears the front door open and close.

He can feel it in his blood as it thickens and his mouth runs dry.

His palms are sweaty. His body is trembling. His mind is spinning, thoughts twisting.

And it happens.

Kai has entered the apartment room.

Jimin sits catatonic as he listens to the approaching footsteps resonating in his ears like a loud symbol.

The door knob is fiddled with and Jimin shakes.

'Open the door, Jimin.'

He doesn't say anything. He can't. It hurts.

But it's going to hurt so much worse.

'Open the fucking door Jimin!'

Jimin hesitantly crawls off of the bed. He approaches the bedroom door, slowly unlocking it.

Before he has a chance to run, it flies open and he's knocked back. Staring into Kai's lit eyes, he gulps roughly as the man takes a step closer.

And another.

And then another.

'N-no, please. I'm sorry! I won't do it again!'

Kai raises his hand into the air.

Jimin gasps, sitting up in bed. He's drenched in sweat and it's hardly two in the morning. He presses his balled up fists to his eyes, rubbing.

It's always the exact same dream. It always ends at the exact same time. Before he's hit. He doesn't understand the meaning behind it but it never seems to get easier because he always ends up in tears.

He hears his phone vibrate and so mindlessly he reaches for it.

Unknown:
Don't cry, beautiful.
It doesn't look good
on you.
But you know what does?
The bruises I give.

Jimin immediately feels his heart stop. He twists in his spot and looks out the window. Nobody is there but instead he sees mutliple pieces of paper hanging on the glass.

With an overly curious nature he walks up to them, dropping his phone.

Pictures of him.

This night.

Kai was in the spare bedroom... taking pictures of him.

He clamps his hands over his mouth, stifling his cries. He's not waiting any longer. He isn't going to be patient and wait until Jeongguk is up in the morning.

He needs to tell him now. Needs to see him.

Jimin walks out of the bedroom and just as the policeman has been doing ever since the first night, he has left the lights on that lead to his bedroom. The teacher follows the path swiftly. He doesn't knock. He doesn't wait. He pushes the door open and sees both So-Young as well as Jeongguk cuddling together.