(Ch-27) Directioneraydar

Very important A/N at the end, please read it. Thank you.

-

"Ms Banerjee called and erm...Tyler's condition has gotten worse."

"What?" I breathed out in disbelief.

"No. No. No. This- this can't be no." I breathed out as I shook my head vigorously, it was like I was convincing myself more than I was convincing them.

I stood up. "No yo-you're lying, no." I whispered to myself softly.

"Honey I know this is hard-" Mum started.

"No! You're lying!" I roared at them as I sprinted towards the door, clutching the beanie in my hands.

I opened the door and sprinted out, not bothering to close it behind me.

"No. No. No. No. This can't be happening. No." I mumbled under my breath as I sprinted down the street.

"Elainy!" My dad called behind me, I didn't bother looking back. My best friend was my top priority right now.

The rain poured water on my already wet clothes, making them damp and my speed slower because of the weight of my clothes.
In order for the beanie to not get wet, I stuffed it into the back pocket of my jeans.

Tears threatened to escape my eyes as I pushed through people walking on the sidewalk. Mumbling a small "Sorry." Or "Excuse me."

"This can't be happening!" I groaned in frustration as a stray tear escaped from my left eye.

I left my neighbourhood and sprinted down the main road.

Tyler's house was just two blocks away, but right now it felt like it was a continent away.

The traffic light was green as cars filled with people zoomed passed, wanting to get to the comfort of their homes.

I didn't bother looking, I sprinted across the road. Yes. The road during the green light. As I was running I didn't notice a black car zooming up to me, luckily the driver hit the brakes. I stopped and looked at the car with wide eyes. The passenger window of the car rolled down and a man who seemed to be in his forties brought his already balding head out with an angered expression. "Aye! Move along you foolish girl! Are you blind?! Can't you see the green light?!" He rambled.

I ignored him and dashed to the sidewalk, running to my best friend's house.

I felt tears streaming down my cold and now pale face.

I can't cry, I have to stay strong.

For me.

No.

For Tyler.

My legs suddenly started to feel like noodles after running continuously. My whole body started to give up on my legs. My legs wanted to give up on my body. They were at constant war with each other as I forced my legs to keep sprinting even though my lungs were practically begging me to stop and take in a small amount of air. My whole body wanted to go limp there and then, but my mind told me to get to my best friend and my heart? It told me that...I was too late.